Job Title: Information System Security Officer – ISSO 3
Job Code: CIP3Job Location: Waco, TX
L3Harris is actively seeking for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for our facility located in Waco, TX for an exempt direct hire opportunity. We do offer competitive wages with benefits and offer a generous relocation package.
- Responsible for the development, deployment and execution of controls and defenses to ensure the security of company technology, information systems, and system deliverables.
- Establishes system security designs and validates compliance requirements.
- Supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Develops and implements appropriate standards and criteria for hardware, software, access and encryption requirements.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Performs system certification and accreditation planning, testing, and validation activities in coordination with government customers.
- Conducts internal information technology system audits and risk assessments and reports findings and recommendations for corrective actions to management.
- Executes first level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Investigates and analyzes all response activities related to cyber incidents. Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with directives, to include initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Safeguards information against unauthorized use, infiltration, exfiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure of national security information.
- Building Air Craft disk pack sets, and keep them maintained, updated, and rebuild as new software comes in to support our Test Team, and the Air Force as required.
- Possible travel to offsite test events as needed.
- Frequent support at night, and or weekends to facilitate watching our SCIFs for planned site power outages and or network outages that will affect our SCIFS.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results
- Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Works to achieve operational targets with moderate impact on departmental results. Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Responsible for analyzing and/or administering security controls for information systems
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure
- Researches, evaluates, tests, recommends, communicates and implements new security software or devices
- Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications
- Provide details for developing Information System Security (ISS) Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation (SSP, SAR, RAR, SAP, SCTM, POA&M, etc.) to support the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of assigned systems
- Performs ISS controls assessments as part of the systems’ Continuous Monitoring Plan
- Oversees configuration management of assigned systems
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Minimum Security+ certification required
- 3+ years’ experience as an ISSO (or equivalent position) overseeing cybersecurity on classified and/or unclassified systems under NISPOM Chapter 8, NIST 800-53 and/or NIST 800-171
- Willing to Travel 40% of the time
- This position requires a TS/SCI with SCI eligibility security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information