Proposal ManagerUS Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC (“Emmes”) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our “Character Achieves Results” culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
Primary PurposeThe Proposal Manager is an experienced role responsible for providing proposal support as directed by the Proposal Department Director, acting as a resource to mentor and guide teams in the development of high quality, compliant and timely proposals. The Proposal Manager uses Emmes’ proposal process, tools and corporate policies to plan, manage and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility. Works alongside the Proposal Department Manager and other team members to refine processes & tools, evolve our services and prepare Emmes to be a major competitor in the clinical research outsourcing marketplace .
- Uses Emmes’ proposal process, tools, and corporate policies to plan, manage and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility
- Provides proposal development support as directed by the Proposal Department Director
- Shreds solicitation requirements and develop response organization structure for government, commercial and nonprofit RFPs, RFIs, grants, and task orders, both domestic and international
- Applies lessons learned from proposal experience to interpret ambiguity in solicitation requirements, identify and mitigate risks to the proposal process, and collaborate with department team members on continual improvement
- Develops a workplan to include a comprehensive proposal schedule, including task assignments, that maximizes the time provided while appropriately allocating an appropriate amount of time to complete each task
- Prepares additional proposal development plans including proposal outlines and pre-formatted internal response directives in accordance with the solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Leads proposals through the corporate proposal development process, working with teams and department manager to identify and resolve issues so proposals are submitted on time, and track appropriate proposal process data
- Organizes, writes, edits, and formats technical proposals and grant applications consistent with response instructions using Emmes templates and existing content where appropriate
- Researches using multiple internal and external sources to create content to develop tailored proposal sections with consistent messaging compliant with solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Coordinates with subcontractors, primes, and other organizations as needed ensuring counterparts understand timelines for submitting responses; on an as-needed basis resolve issues and clarify information to aid in moving the proposal process forward
- Completes proposal production, formatting, and submission activities
- Creates and maintains proposal folders according to department standards
- Participates in continuous improvement of proposal development, stock material/templates, and knowledge management processes
- Participates in department and corporate initiatives to aid in the building of a client relationship management (CRM) system, ensuring that proposal data is accurately tracked and updated
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business Administration, Public Relations, or a related discipline preferred, however, equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Biotech/CRO/Pharmaceutical environment, developing proposals for US federal government contracts and/or commercial institutions; handling 200+ page submissions a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat, including working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated work history of progression within a proposal team with desire to continue to grow, develop, and advance beyond manager position
- Prior experience working with a custom-developed proposal process requiring adaptability and flexibility according to need, preferably for a growing organization is a plus
- Experience working with proposal teams, preferably in a matrix environment, with teams of varying levels of skill, from first-time participants to managers and executives
- Experience with medical terminology and knowledge of clinical trial operations a plus
- Able to integrate knowledge from literature searches, interviews with subject matter experts and relevant company experience to develop concise business and marketing communications
- Must be able to handle multiple demands during the proposal process and make decisions concerning job operations with limited direction and input daily
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Willing to take ownership of projects from inception through implementation, including through award
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be professional, client-service oriented, able to balance assertiveness with flexibility for the good of the project and those working on it, and maintain a positive outlook
- Must be able to proactively identify risks to proposal process, identify solutions, and collaborate with proposal team and/or proposal department manager to mitigate as appropriate
- Willingness to learn and perform new tasks as required
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Why work at Emmes?At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Carescommunity engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
| || || |
| || || |
CONNECT WITH US!
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCROFind us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.