Who We AreWe are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
DescriptionConocoPhillips Commercial business manages our worldwide commodity, supply, marketing, and trading needs. Working closely with Exploration, Production and Marketing, Commercial adds significant value by improving ConocoPhillips supply chain management and growing its third-party global trading business.
This role will be responsible for providing both technical and analytical expertise related to commercial trading activity across multiple commodities. Candidates should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to understand trading behaviors under multiple market conditions. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think strategically and appreciate adapting solutions to a changing environment.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Review and analyze daily global trading activity using multiple analytical tools and energy trading systems
- Enhance working knowledge of North American, European and Asia Pacific markets and the commodities traded by ConocoPhillips
- Assist in executing and developing multiple models used to analyze trading activities
- Maintain working relationship with front-office personnel in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific through basic understanding of ConocoPhillips trading strategies
- Conduct risk analysis reviews for Commercial counterparties and assist with short-term counterparty focused projects as needed
- Develop realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives and team goals
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Business other related business field, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- 1+ years of commercial experience or relevant oil & gas experience
- 1+ years of experience using SQL and relational databases
- 1+ year experience in Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent data visualization and analytics tool
- Strong communication and networking skills interacting with senior level staff
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Data analysis and complex modeling skills
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 16, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
#trading #analyst #commercial