Are you great at financial analysis, strong with data and details while still understanding the big picture? Can you provide insightful sales, margin, and profit analysis to high growth business units , and work with leadership teams to bring those insights into action? We are looking for someone who understands the full P&L of a growing tech/ecommerce business, and who has strong financial and quantitative chops to help drive growth and healthy economics.
Custom Ink and its subsidiaries, collectively the leaders in custom apparel for groups and communities, are all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With 1,600+ team members (“Inkers”), we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.
How you’ll make a difference:As a Finance Manager, you will be a high-visibility, collaborative thought partner, embedded with key stakeholders across the company. You will analyze financial and operating results, develop projections of future performance, and assess opportunities to drive increased growth and profitability. You will develop actionable insights to help the company understand key business drivers and trends, highlight risks and opportunities, and influence strategic decision making that will drive meaningful improvements. You must be comfortable gathering and handling confidential information, understanding complex business dynamics, and developing projections with strong quantitative and conceptual underpinnings. This role will work closely with our subsidiary business units, Swag.com and Printfection, as well as across multiple business functions - the abilities to collaborate, build credibility and trust, and ‘connect the dots’ between operational factors and value creation are critical to success. Turning insights into impact will require strong oral and written communication skills. Furthermore, the position will require meeting tight deadlines for the many people relying on your work, so attention to detail, good time management, and grace under pressure will be important.
What you’ll do:Custom Ink is focused on growth, high-performance, and innovation, all while delivering a best in class customer experience no matter the touchpoint. As Finance Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with leaders and teams across functional areas to navigate important, and sometimes nebulous (but exciting!) business questions.
- Deliver insightful and actionable analyses that inform and influence strategic decisions for the growth of our online and omnichannel business lines, while being mindful of the potential impacts to our customers, our business, and our people.
- Drive an investment mindset within the company as you help plan for, and prioritize, business investments, monitor and analyze performance, and collaborate on initiatives that will move the needle on performance.
- Develop the business and financial acumen of your peers by effectively relating business issues to financial results and value creation, and teaching teams how to incorporate an investment mindset into their functional perspective.
- Make tangible improvements to existing business processes while developing innovative analyses and processes that drive measurable value to the business.
- Maintain a big picture focus while directly supporting specific functions - no area of our business is an island!
How you’ll be measured:Success in this role is critical to the successful and healthy growth of Custom Ink and vital to the experience we strive to provide our customers. Therefore, success will be measured by:
- Drive favorable business outcomes by applying strong financial acumen and effective partnering with cross-functional teams. Become recognized as a reliable thought partner, effective communicator, and active driver of positive change.
- Deliver robust, well-supported analyses, clear and concise financial reporting, and other deliverables that inform, prompt high-quality discussion, and educate.
- Build working relationships with trust and credibility with Inkers across the company.
- Consistently meet deadlines with error-free execution (especially for senior management and Board meetings)
- Build and demonstrate a keen understanding of key drivers affecting the business and be able to effectively explain them to other Inkers
- Identify and implement improvements to processes and deliverables that drive a positive impact to the business.
What we’re looking for:This is a critical role so we’ve set our sights high:
- 5-10 years of highly relevant experience in a finance or similar role; retail / B2C e-commerce experience a strong plus. MBA and/or investment banking experience a strong plus.
- Exceptional business acumen and knowledge of both finance and accounting, with strong analytical skills; ability to understand details while also seeing the big picture; ability to operate both collaboratively as a member of a team and independently as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence high performing, cross-functional business and leadership teams.
- Financial modeling rockstar with ability to grasp and translate business concepts into actionable analyses and models.
- Power user in Excel and Google Sheets, plus GL/accounting systems; experience analyzing large commercial and operational data sets; experience with SQL, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, or R a plus.
- Track record of tackling large and complex operational challenges with positivity, creativity, and pragmatism.
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to adjust approach/message by audience. Demonstrate a growth mindset, maturity, and resilience.
- A head for business and numbers and a heart for people.
In addition, you must share our company values — practicing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership, and driving and embracing Innovation.
We strive to live by the Golden Rule and create an environment that supports Team Members both professionally and personally. You can look forward to:
- Working for a nationally & locally recognized top employer with competitive pay, benefits, and perks
- Volunteer opportunities through our “Three Hearts Volunteer Team”
- 15 paid days off in your first year. Bumps up to 25 in your second!
- Low premiums and co-pays for medical and dental with no in-network deductible
- Free vision insurance
- 401(k) match, life insurance, and company paid Short and Long Term Disability
- T-shirts and jeans welcome!
- A focus on “team” with fun & engaging events like virtual happy hours/coffee talks, company-wide meetings, and Town Halls to stay up-to-date on the business
- Looking for a discount on a bunch of items ranging from health, home, travel, auto and more? We offer a Perks at Work program to all Inkers.
Cover letters are preferred (not required), Custom Ink values individuality, so use your judgment and write to us in your own voice.
CustomInk, LLC (""Custom Ink"") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in all forms and are committed to maintaining a discrimination-free workplace that treats applicants and employees with dignity and respect. Our employment process is conducted without regard to race, color, religion, nationality or ethnic background, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other attributes protected by state, federal, and local law.
Custom Ink uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please click here.
Read about our commitment to the safety of our team members during COVID-19 here.