As a full spectrum AWS integrator, we assist hundreds of companies to realize the value, efficiency, and productivity of the cloud. We take customers on their journey to enable, operate, and innovate using cloud technologies – from migration strategy to operational excellence and immersive transformation.
If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers’ success. The best part is, we’re committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
Practice Managers are expected to be subject matter experts capable of leading a group of like-minded Rackers in the Data, Analytics and AI/ML practice. This role includes both deliveries in a Professional Services Data Architect or an SME role on customer engagements as well a commitment to ensuring the overall success of the practice as a leader.
As an experienced Data Practice Manager with an understanding of how to run successful professional services engagements, you will help drive projects that deliver successful outcomes for customers wanting to do Data Modernization. Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about businesses, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop data solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, provide technical guidance, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role. We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about deep cloud adoption and technology in general.
As a manager, you will have a small team of direct reports that include Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Lead Data Architects who you will mentor and assist with their development. In addition to managing your direct reports, you will act as a leader within the practice supporting objectives such as overall quality and efficiency of our delivery, supporting sales teams with shaping and reviewing opportunities, supporting operational tasks such as resourcing support or tasks related to hiring and onboarding new Rackers. Strong communication skills, the ability to lead and inspire others, and emotional intelligence are critical to your success in this role.
If you get a thrill working with cutting-edge technology and love to help solve customers’ problems, we’d love to hear from you. It’s time to rethink the possible. Are you ready?
What you'll be doing
- As a Practice Manager, you will be technically focused but also will understand business planning implementation
- Be the lead technical liaison between customers and engineering resources
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed
- Lead teams of both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project, and communicate with each of them effectively
- Ensure that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Be an AWS data evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of cloud Data Solutions.
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best-of-breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model.
- You will play an active role in delivering modern data solutions for clients including data ingestion/data pipeline design and implementation, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud and Data advocates
- Work with a broad range of technologies including, but not limited to, building data pipelines, relational and NoSQL databases, machine learning, data analytics, big data processing, data lakes & data warehouses, and related technologies and architectures
- Lead and participate in deep Data architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing data platform and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers interested in AWS and to ensure our Rackers are up to date
- Attend and present valuable information at Industry Events
- Hold regular 1:1 meetings with direct members of your team to share feedback, provide an avenue for trusted communications, and help with their career development.
- Provide coaching for team members and help establish and track goals
- Act as a communication conduit to provide information to the practice membership
- Create sources of feedback for practice members to promote consistent quality of delivery and support the professional development of practice members
- Work with presales architects on designing and validating proposals and SOWs to ensure high quality and deliverable engagements to drive successful outcomes for customers
- Support tasks related to hiring including interviewing, supporting provisioning and evaluation of technical assignments, and onboarding new Rackers
- Understand metrics of how the practice is performing and support initiatives to improve our operations and effectiveness
- Identify and drive internal initiatives for the practice related to offer development, improving operations, improving our standard operating process, development of reusable delivery artifacts, and promoting knowledge within the organization
- 12+ years design & implementation experience with Data Solutions..
- 6+ years design & implementation experience with Cloud Data Solutions.[DQ1]
- 5+ years' experience leading technical teams, including their professional development
- Experience in a strategic role running Data modernization projects
- In-depth understanding and professional experience with AWS Data Analytics and AI/ML Services
- Hands-on experience with practices and services related to Automation, IaC, Data, Analytics and AI/ML Services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present to executive, IT management, or technologists audiences or have the ability to reset expectations with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to assess situations and provide candid feedback to individuals
- Technical degree; Computer Science or related
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
Nice to have
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing software/technology, data analysis, or consulting.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Data migrations[VK1][DQ3] and transformations.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience architecting/operating Data solutions built on AWS (ideally) or other Cloud platforms
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies
- AWS,Data Analytics, AI/ML, or other certifications
- Comfortable reading and writing code in at least one language