Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
About the position:The Head of this Department is responsible for defining and coordinating Chile's Finance operation and strategy, and its implementation in order to achieve the company's financial objectives through our different revenue streams within different clients (private, corporate and drivers). The key to this position is to be able to drive the Finance department for business impact ensuring the achievement of financial objectives.
In this position you will be responsible for the finance strategy, budget planning/ modelling and operative controlling (treasury, accounting & taxes), building the finance plan and validation of the business plans focusing on maximizing ROI and unit economics of each revenue stream focusing to maximize the Company Business Plan achievement. All these work streams must be managed to generate efficient and scalable financial results to our different business departments.
This is a strategic critical role for Cabify which reports directly to the Country Manager.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Developing and implementing a finance strategy focused on resource allocation and ROI maximization;
- Tropicalize and guarantee the implementation of the Global Finance strategy, procedures and policy;
- Ensure the proper operation of treasury, accounting, taxes, credit & collections areas;
- Planning, structuring, managing and controlling our financial resources;
- Lead the Budget Planning procedure and manage the finance plan and budget (yearly, quarterly and monthly) guaranteeing the perfect connection between finance and business objectives across different revenue lines;
- Lead and Work in strategic finance and business projects being a clear reference of finance modeling;
- Structuring, managing and controlling the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure the perfect coordination with HQ finance operations disciplines;
- Leading new process creation to improve the way you work with other teams and/or countries.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support decision making cycles related to business financial performance. Report and lead the implementation of potential improvements according to its objectives;
- Conducting earnings, cost and profit analyses for optimal planning and budget allocation;
- Support and work with legal and HQ finance departments to ensure the compliance with financial and legal regulations;
- Ensure the perfect coordination with HQ Finance teams to guarantee an effective financial reporting to support Finance, Top Management and Business teams decision making;
- Building and developing a strong department to support strategic initiatives and routines with Business and HQ Finance Departments.
How we would like you to be:
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, communicates efficiently, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change we need to scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data, facts and not opinions. Innovate, be creative, make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalability.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
What we’re looking for:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Finance Departments, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Strategic Consulting;
- Knowledge and expertise about Finance Modelling, Treasury, Accounting and Reporting, as well as direct and indirect leading finance teams;
- Strong project management and indirect team management: You will oversee the local finance department and work closely with other business disciplines to guarantee the perfect execution of the finance strategy.
- Hands-on experience in Budgeting, Forecasting and Controlling;
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modelling, and advanced finance plan and analysis experience;
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. Postgraduate degree is a plus;
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic projects/positions experience;
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills;
The good stuff:We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- Complementary healthcare insurance.
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee&fruit!