Posting Date Jun 22, 2022
Job Number 22105036
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler, 4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, BC, Canada
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JOB SUMMARYDevelop, implement and maintain quality standards for the outlet(s), including supervision and direction of service staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing and conducting pre-shift and departmental meetings, scheduling and directing staff in their work assignments, creating forecast and revenue reports, maintaining profitability of the outlets to support overall hotel operation, and ensuring excellent customer service. Responsible for hiring, training, and directing Food & Beverage associates.
- Lead the Grill & Vine, In Room Dining, Refreshment Centre teams on a daily basis
- Provide daily support and guidance by being "hands on" and managing the floor
- Ensure the team provides exceptional guest service by constantly re training, coaching and providing appropriate tools
- Develop and implement a training plan to ensure high quality presentation and levels of customer service
- Develop and implement all procedures and quality standards within the department while adhering to all Westin Hotels & Resorts standards
- Effective scheduling of all outlets
- Ensure open communication within the department through shift briefings and log entries per shift by management
- Ensure open and solid communication throughout the hotel in regards in F&B promotions and events
- Manage in conjunction with the Executive Chef, the inventory, control and breakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of the Grill & Vine Grille, In Room Dining and Refreshment Centre
- Drive the development plans of the Grill & Vine, In Room Dining and Refreshment Centre
- Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
- Monthly forecasting both revenue and expenses and monthly commentaries
- Hold regular monthly associate meetings and weekly supervisors meetings
- Work with the Chef to introduce and recommend events and ideas to increase revenue potential
- Review all liquor pricing to ensure profit margins are acceptable
- Conduct Quarterly Dialogues with each direct report
- Ensure associates are trained in the safe work procedures associated with all of their tasks
- Promote safety awareness to associates and demonstrate that safe job performance is the number one priority
- Ensure compliance with WRS's Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Ensure associates report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries as soon as possible and take appropriate actions
- Set a good safety example
- All other duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.