Posting Date Jun 21, 2022
Job Number 22099911
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|
The Senior Director, Content Distribution is a leadership role that is responsible for leading the development, management, and implementation of global distribution capabilities for Property, Room, and Rate content to internal and external distribution partners. Responsibilities include: providing BAU oversight of ‘Enterprise Content Management system (EPIC and future systems)’ and 'Images & Rich Content' resources, while managing a multi-year transition plan to a new content management system (Product Catalog) and acting as the business owner of content structure, hierarchy and taxonomy in collaboration with the Commerce, Digital and Distribution teams. Expand/guide content distribution solutions to include Room/NonRoom/Rate Products, currently managed with nonstructured data from legacy CRS (MARSHA) and manual spreadsheet processes. Lead hotel property content, Room/NonRoom/Rate Products distribution across all MI systems and 3rd parties ensuring content is successfully aggregated and rendered appropriately, including managing applicable content control layers. Partner with leaders across disciplines including Digital, IT, Marketing, Distribution teams, Channel Operations and Help Desk teams to establish future state architecture and business processes to provide accurate, reliable, consistent management of Marriott Property content according to approved distribution strategies and consistent with established internal and external partner KPIs.
- Ten or more years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or equivalent work experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provides oversight of Enterprise Content Management System (EPIC) and its transformation to a new platform (Product Catalog).
- Leads a global vision for how hotel property, room, rate, non-room content is procured, housed, secured, accessed, and distributed across all MI systems and 3rd party vendors and channels, ensuring data is successfully aggregated and renders appropriately.
- Provides strategic insight in how Content may be leveraged to execute new distribution strategies and leads the effort to establish governance and ownership of Marriott’s content in 3rd party applications.
- Manages Global Technology maintenance/enhancement budget to execute bug fixes and implement enhancements to improve content management.
- Partners with leaders from various business disciplines responsible for generating property content to include but not limited to Brand Services, Property GM, Continent Teams, Marriott Digital Services, and Owner Franchise Services.
- Works with Connectivity SMEs to ensure proper use, management, and display of Marriott property Content on external channels.
- Employs use of auditing tools to maintain high levels of operational performance.
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change
- Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team
- Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Continuous Learning
- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Strategy Knowledge - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specificstrategic work challenges.
- Basic Competencies
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Oral Comprehension
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Reading Comprehension
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.