US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: YesRELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance availableCLEARANCE TYPE: NoneTRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
DescriptionJoin Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Financial Cost Control Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Promontory, UT and support the Propulsion Systems business unit as part of the Launch and Missile Defense Solutions Division. Willing to consider a hybrid remote schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in the preparation of budgets and schedules for contract work.
- Participating in the control of costs and schedules through cost schedule control system.
- Preparing internal and external customer reports.
- Assisting Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
- Helping management and leadership in validating Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the estimates.
- Participate in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management (EVM). Maintain resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Audit response to external, internal, and Government auditors.
- Weekly progress reporting and variance analysis.
- Weekly labor tracking and reporting to program management and customers.
- Preparing and updating ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishing Performance Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics (or a related field) and 2 years experience - OR - 1 year with a Master's - OR - 6 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Advanced PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Ability to organize and explain large amounts of data
- Proficient communication skills
- US Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience.
- Experience with CostPoint, Primavera, and/or Cobra
- Experience in DoD setting with understanding of FAR, & DFARs clauses
- Experience with program planning/scheduling
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines
- Experience with financial analysis and/or reporting
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to basepay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.