Do you have an interest in the field of finance? Do you enjoy working with numbers, calculations and big data sets? And are you motivated by optimising and developing processes? Then you might be the newest addition to our committed Business Controlling team.
Business Controlling at Danske Commodities (DC) – a young and committed team
In the Business Controlling team, we act as business partners for our trading teams. Our primary task is to calculate P&L for these teams and ensure correct month-end close. As such, we analyse and report P&L and other financial numbers – and we work with big data sets using SQL and Power BI. In the team, we are highly focused on continuously optimising our processes, tools and ways of working, always looking for the most optimal solutions. This includes building and optimising our own solutions for result calculations, month-end close and analyses.
As our new business controller, you will join a young team of motivated and committed colleagues. We are solution-oriented and take full responsibility for our tasks, and we always aim to find the most optimal solution for the team and for DC. In the team, we value collaboration both within our own team and with stakeholders across the entire organisation.
Your journey to becoming our new business controller
No matter your level of experience, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, the team and your tasks, including an introduction to and training in how we work with SQL and Power BI. After a while, you will be given the responsibility of your own tasks that you will solve in close collaboration with your colleagues and leader. On the longer term, we expect you to work independently on your tasks, and you will also get the opportunity to search for new areas or processes to improve in the team. In addition, you will take part in bigger cross-team projects.
"You will experience a unique team culture where the atmosphere is informal, and we are never too busy to have fun together" - Anne Sofie Amstrup, Manager, Head of Business Controlling Trading & Clearing
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- be responsible for your own controlling area, including P&L calculations and month-end close
- optimise existing tools and processes using SQL and Power BI
- provide insights into P&L numbers
- participate in and take responsibility in cross-team projects
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree within Economics or similar (or are about to graduate)
- have an interest in the field of finance and working with data
- are proficient in English – both written and verbally
We expect that you:
- are outgoing as you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation
- are curious about the field we are working in and like to bring new ideas
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks, and we always support each other with getting the job done
- adaptable and solution oriented: you should always aim to find the best solution – also in a rapidly changing environment