Address: 250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group: Data Analytics & Reporting
If you’re looking for your next dream job, consider this one in BMO’s ERPM Risk group where every colleague helps protect and grow the bank by providing independent review and oversight of enterprise-wide risks, working together to maintain a risk management framework and fostering a strong risk culture. #ERPMDreamJobs
Supports the research and development of quantitative risk modeling methodologies and related strategies in support of the management of risks arising from business/group portfolios and products. Applies knowledge of analytics algorithms and technologies to develop forward looking models and analytic solutions that ensure risks are properly identified, understood and risk related strategies are enabled. Summarizes statistical findings, draws business conclusions, and presents actionable business recommendations used in the management of risks and related activities. The Candidate's focus will be concentrated on counterparty credit risk measures, which are critical to
business decisions, develop and improve key processes related to assessing and reporting of risk measures, and establish and maintain productive relationships with the lines of business (trading, risk oversight, portfolio management, and upper management).
- Calculate, monitor and communicate replacement risk and exposure amounts
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Summarizes statistical and business findings and draws conclusions and presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Provide quick response to trader requests to assess and report accurate risk values.
- Calculate counterparty credit risk on non-standard or exotic deals that present unique features.
- Communicate rational for risk methodologies of various products to business representatives and management
- Develop and improve methodologies for the simulation of main risk drivers through research of models and concepts
- Perform and improve estimation of underlying model parameters and the efficiency of model calibration process
- Understand and identify potential weakness of current pricing models; propose and test possible model improvements adapted to counterparty credit risk constraints.
- Analyze of market data for revisions of risk factors, and/or market data parameters for market and counterparty risk applications
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand the distinct problems, and the expected outcome and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Applies scripting/programming skills to automate processes which serve a variety of tasks ranging from data gathering to generating automated reports
- Develop or supports development of tools for model, data and analytics.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and apply use cases.
- Works independently or collaborate with others on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 1-5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies, financial markets and products (OTC derivatives, Security Financing Transactions, Fixed income, FX, commodities and/or swaps etc.).
- Graduate studies in a finance, risk management or related technical field, e.g. finance, mathematical finance, applied mathematics, quantitative finance, and etc.
- Data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to SQL, Python, MATLAB, C# and VBA.
- A professional designation in Finance or Risk management is preferred.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to helpAt BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.