What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We currently have a “Career” opportunity for a Field Services Operations Supervisor in our Boston, MA station. As the Field Service Operations Supervisor, you will provide operational management and support at various service center locations to ensure efficient and timely pick-up and delivery handling of customer materials and shipments. In addition, you will ensure compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and DHL’s policies.
- Responsible for overall efficient and effective Service Center operations regarding pick-up and delivery personnel and services.
- Ensures all material is picked up and delivered from/to all area accounts in accordance with DHL guidelines, customer expectations and government regulations.
- Ensures safe, efficient and timely handling and transportation of all customer materials.
- Works with sales management to promote DHL sales growth by advising on customer activities and achieving specific customer call targets.
- When required ensures compliance with import/export regulations, duties, and tariffs in some markets.
- Supervises a staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff.
- Typically requires BS/BA and 3-5 years experience in related field, including at least one year of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Supervision in a union environment is a plus
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts on the transportation/shipping industry.
- Knows and effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control, and progressive techniques in area of specialization.
- Generally understands basic supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action.
- Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets Driving Privileges standards
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Posting Legal Entity:DHL Express (USA), Inc.