About the TeamHi, we’re Caviar. We’re a food company that’s all about connecting people to the best restaurants in their area. We’re also a part of DoorDash. Together, our mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, we connect people with the local businesses they care about, helping to grow the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re building an outstanding creative department powered by diverse, best-in-class talent. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to create work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash and Caviar community can be immensely proud of. We’re here to do the best work of our lives.
About the RoleAt Caviar, we take a lot of pride in how we present food (and stories about food) to customers in our app and on our website. We’re looking for an Editorial Content Lead to help push the brand forward by leading our editorial content initiative end-to-end. You’ll help shape stories for both web and the app that elevate local restaurants, inspire consumers to try the best food in their cities, and establish Caviar as a premium food authority.
Note: this job requires you to spend a lot of time looking at and writing about great food.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with the Editorial Lead to set the vision for our Caviar editorial program. This includes:
- Developing guidelines for the brand voice and tone of the Caviar editorial workstream
- Shaping a content strategy that positions Caviar as a premium food authority in partnership with Content Marketing & Operations
- Keeping a continuous pulse on differentiated content that will resonate with consumers and carve a unique space among other publications
- Owning and contributing to creative ideation and content development
- Serve as the editorial gatekeeper of all content, while managing and expanding a team of writers. This includes:
- Overseeing editorial content production from start to finish, according to aligned calendar
- Working closely with a team of writers to assign, develop, and edit stories
- Editing drafts for grammar, punctuation, clarity, and tone, while crafting original, pithy headlines
- Applying business context and creative strategy to lead pitch ideation with freelance team
- Optimizing stories for mobile app, social, and other channels
- Checking sources where applicable to ensure journalistic integrity
- Managing existing team of writers/editors, while sourcing and vetting new excellent writers in local markets
- Partner cross-functionally Content Marketing & Operations teams to:
- Shape the best content strategy for our brand and for the appropriate channels
- Ensure our content not only sounds, but also looks aesthetically pleasing
- Operationalize content onto our platforms
- Regularly review analytics, track engagement to measure the efficacy and make strategic recommendations
- Support copy requests for Caviar marketing campaigns, as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You have experience leading editorial or content teams at publications at the forefront of food or culture, and a compelling portfolio that showcases your work
- You understand how food connects people and culture, and can foster that connection through words
- You are well-versed in digital best practices for producing content on the web, including SEO concepts
- You have experience setting brand voice and tone guidelines and shaping copy within these guidelines
- You can handle a editing a high volume of work without compromising quality and craft
- You have expert ability to think about how content development connects to business strategy
- You have advanced understanding of grammar and mechanics, as well as copy editing experience
- You have experience leading and mentoring creative teams to reach their fullest and highest potential
- You’re a reliable self-starter with a track record overseeing multiple successful projects at a time
- You have outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
About DoorDashAt DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $122,400 - $165,600, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.