NBC Sports Group
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
- Assist in maintaining quality control across NBC Sports EDGE
- Prep the EDGE site, YouTube and Twitch for live podcasts and shows
- Publish and populate the site and our YouTube channel with video content
- Add breaking news banners to the site
- Ideate and send out mobile alerts for breaking news and to promote events/products
- Create graphics for social media in Photoshop using our specific EDGE templates
- Post content to social media accounts, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Provide live coverage on social media during big events, especially NFL Sundays
- Update articles with links, videos, photos etc.
- Create preview articles to promote our premium products
- Add images to our media library and update player headshots as needed
- Assist in maintaining depth charts and injury reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Broadcast Journalism or in a relevant field preferred
- Strong knowledge of sports, fantasy sports and sports betting
- Knowledge of backend content management systems (CMS)
- Experience posting to social media accounts on a personal and/or professional level
- Familiarity with online social media trends and humor
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
- Must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience playing and following fantasy sports
- Understanding of and/or experience with sports betting and terminology
- Strong writing or journalism background
- Experience creating proven social media content for a brand
- Background of content publishing on YouTube a plus
- Photoshop and Premiere experience a plus
NBC Sports Group Digital
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.