Consulting Project Technical Manager (Roma/Milano)
Who We AreAt Oracle, we see ourselves as changing the world through our own commitment to customer success, as well as by enabling our customers achieve their vision. This can range from supporting refugees and children in need, enabling companies deliver transportation and logistics services to the world, and tranform their data centers moving their workloads in cloud to enable new business models and scale. Our long established techonology as well as our research into new ones are helping solve real world problems, and we are looking for more colleagues to join us.
We believe that different points of view are essential for innovation and we will offer you the chance to be part of an inclusive culture where individuality thrives. We also see sustainability as a core value of ours, as we run our business responsibly and continue to invest in environmentally friendly business practices, and also aim for building sustainable relationships both internally with our colleagues and externally with our customers and the communities we are part of.
What Does Oracle’s Consulting Organisation Do?Our mission is to to be a catalyst for Oracle’s customer success. We want to help our clients realize the maximum value of their Oracle Cloud solutions. We help unlock the full potential of Oracle Cloud by focusing on business outcomes and by working as an end-to-end cloud partner. This approach not only increases the value we bring to our customers, but also makes Oracle a desirable partner.
We deliver Oracle Cloud solutions with speed, efficiency and predictability based on our vast experience of more than 1,500 successful Cloud implementations in EMEA. Over 5,500 consultants across EMEA & JAPAC are passionately dedicated to ensuring Oracle Cloud success through our unparalleled experience and extensive global network. The One Oracle approach helps our clients in reducing risk and maximizing their return on investment. We look at our clients’ business holistically to ensure business outcomes are met and empower continuous innovation.
ContextWe're proud to be well positioned with our cloud solutions and, in order to fuel our current and future growth within our Consulting Practice in Italy, we are currently planning to hire one experienced Project/Program Manager for our team based in either Milan or Rome.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE – Project/PROGRAM Manager for cloud engagements
As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior-level project management / program management position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership with industry-wide impact. He/she will be responsible for guiding the successful implementation of integrated solutions based either on Oracle cloud platform and/or on hybrid cloud/on premise architectures, ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
Based on Oracle Consulting mission and offering in technology area, typical assigments will include:
- Migrating customer workloads from on-prem to Oracle Cloud, from infrastructure design to go-live – up to transforming the entire customer data center
- Modernizing existing customer applications or infrastructures
- Delivering modern analitics / data-driven solutions
- Delivering innovative, modern multi-channel applications leveraging cloud-native paradigms and digital contents
- Delivering enterprise-scale integrations between existing and new applications
- Enforcing security through focused project initiatives
In the above context, Project/Program Manager:
- As a thought leader and trusted advisor, effectively influences decisions at the leadership level of customer organizations.
- Enables business development efforts by providing subject matter expertise. Manages the scope of medium to large-scale projects, and accounts with varying levels of complexity.
- In bid phases, analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge.
- In delivery phase, effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure. As a position of professional influence, this individual frequently operates at the leading edge of technology.
- Exercises creativity and independent judgement in identifying and resolving major issues and risks impacting project success according to PMI.
- Provides direction and mentoring to project teams.
- Ensures customer deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations.
- Create long-term customer relationships and collaborate with both consulting and licensing / cloud Oracle sales areas.
- Identifies the areas of potential business growth on customers and directs them in compliance with corporate strategies.
What You’ll BringYour enthusiasm, love and passion for customer success will help us become the leading cloud service provider.
- Several years of experience relevant to this position, including 5+ years of direct project and/or program management experience in one or more of the assignements listed in former section, executed as delivery project manager with project P&L responsibility
- Proven record of full lifecycle implementations of projects exceeding 500-800 days delivery effort
- Current PMI – PMP, Prince2 Practitioner or similar certification
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Lead or Agile Coach, preferably within large organizations would be a great plus
- Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles and successfully manage projects of increasing complexity
- Experienced working in a matrix management environment
- Experience in bid management with influencing and negotiation skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors
- Depending on the seniority, proven experience in working with customer senior managers or executives
- Cloud technology focus, and technical or industry domain expertise in one or more of the assigments listed above would be a great plus
- Proven experience in managing remote and offshore teams
- Adaptability and ability to embrace and drive change. Ability to work in heterogeneous environments, with multiple actors / companies involved in the customers delivery context
- Graduate degree (Diploma/Master/Bachelor) or equivalent experience.
- Language: Italian as native language (or extremely fluent), fluency in English
What We OfferA driver’s seat in leading your own career. We give you the freedom, skills, tools and techonologies to shape your future. Whatever avenue you go down, you’ll gain access to immense learning experiences and you’ll always be backed-up by Oracle’s impressive resources. We offer a good work / life balance to our colleagues, and an international culture that is vibrant, dynamic and inspiring, helping you reach your full potential.
Apply NowVisit oracle.com/careers or contact our recruiter Vincent Rinner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Description and Job Requirements As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).