Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $881 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Job Title:Finance – Tax Reporting and Compliance - AVP
Job Description:The individual will help implement best practices for reporting and compliance as well as:
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 income tax provision calculations in connection with SEC reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of tax footnotes and disclosures in the financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of cash taxes forecast
- Prepare earnings and profits calculations for corporate entities
- Review federal and state/local income tax returns, quarterly tax estimates, and extensions
- Review return to provision calculations of federal and state/local income taxes
- Compile tax data for federal and multi state tax return preparation
- Assist in tax planning analysis and involvement in various special projects
- Assist in various process enhancements to streamline and automate flow of data
- Research tax issues
- Assist with responding to tax authority requests
- Interface and collaborate with other departments
Qualifications:We are looking for a self-motivated, diligent and hard-working team player who can work independently. The ideal candidate:
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in corporations
- Must have knowledge and working experience in ASC 740
- 5 years minimum of public accounting and/or private experience
- CPA and/or MST preferred
- Partnership tax experience is a plus
- International tax experience is a plus
- knowledge of tax return or tax provision preparation systems is a plus
- Knowledge of US reporting of foreign investments including PFIC’s, CFC’s and CFP’s is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to function in an intense environment with the ability to take initiative
- Must produce timely and accurate records and understand that supporting work paper documentation is paramount
- Must be proactive, follow through on commitments and understand that deadlines are meaningful
- Must be a quick learner and be able to apply knowledge learned to future projects
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.