NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific DescriptionFCOE Corporate Accounting is looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join their team.The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and take ownership of various projects, adding value through critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Support quarterly and annual FERC Filings
- Supporting NEET Business Management in accounting related matters
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive workforce productivity
- Review and approve the calculation and recording of monthly journal entries and related supporting schedules
- Review timely and accurate management reports and support external reporting requirements (e.g., 10K, 10Q, etc.) as required
- Prompt and accurate customer support (internal/external)
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Driven – committed to career development through personal improvement
- Problem solver - proactive thinker with practical solutions, very analytical, and orientation to be tightly linked to business strategies and financial priorities
- Professional skills – strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional teams and relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion
- Technical skills – experience researching, interpreting and applying accounting rules and policies
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
Employees in this job take the lead role in special projects, including researching, analyzing and reporting on issues that affect the company, making recommendations for solutions, and following through to resolution.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares financial reports that are in compliance with GAAP, in a timely manner, to accurately reflect the financial status of the company
- Maintains a good understanding of, and applies, GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures
- Assures accounting integrity of corporate financial data through the implementation of appropriate internal controls
- Prepares schedules and journal entries
- Provides guidance and direction to other team members
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
- Experience: 5+ years
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master's - Business Administration
- Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization:NextEra Transmission, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami