Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Behavioural Economics at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC).
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
- Empirical consumer research including lab and field experiments
- Behavioural insights-based policy, particularly in health and sustainability
- Health Economics, particularly related to individual decision making
- Quantitative research methods and social data science
The researcher will be affiliated with the Consumer and Behavioural Insights Group (CBIG), a research environment within CBS Sustainability and MSC.
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
About Department of Management, Society and Communication
Multi-disciplinary by design, MSC leverages the synergies of its faculty to explore the conditions and practices of responsible management, organisation and governance in a globalising world, sharing a particular concern with culture, communication and context as lenses to understand the interaction and interdependencies of business and society.
MSC is a significant supplier of research based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- Responsible Management, Leadership and Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context)
- Organisational Communication (corporate communication, strategic communication, leadership communication, marketing communication, international business communication) and Media Studies
Responsibilities of the Associate Professor
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the Department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
ApplicationApplication must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
Recruitment procedureThe Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov-Iversen, e-mail . Information about the department may be found at
Ansøgningsfrist: 12. maj 2021.