Apply now »
Structural Development Engineer
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 14442
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity in a global company and would like to be a part of a green energy transition? If you would like to work on cutting-edge renewable energy solutions and contribute to making an impact on the world's energy sustainability, join us! As a Structural Development Engineer at Vestas, you can have an exciting job and develop your career in a constantly growing organization with the latest technology.
Responsibilities:As a future member of Hub Structure, you will be joining an international team of highly specialized and dedicated colleagues responsible for the design and structural integrity of the casted and machined hub, spinner and spinner support structure, bolted joints, and fasteners. Maintaining a well-established closed quality loop, you will be supporting structural root cause analyses, evaluating non-conformity requests while making sure the relevant learnings are captured in future designs. Besides, having end-to-end ownership of the developed components, you will also be responsible for maintaining and improving verification tools and methods.
Your tasks will continuously vary in complexity and nature but will mostly focus on new product development. A typical workflow might look like this:
- Clarifying design requirements will all relevant stakeholders
- Perform Failure Mode Analysis (i.e. DFMEA)
- Verify design against requirements
- Modify or propose modifications for CAD geometries if necessary
- Iterating all above steps until an optimal design is achieved
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. within Mechanical/Structural/Civil/Aerospace engineering
- We are open to applications of both skilled development engineers and recent graduates with a proven record of relevant engineering projects completed.
- Relevant project experience within at least three of the following:
- Design, development, and optimization of innovative mechanical components
- Design of bolted joints and fasteners, understanding and applying of available standards and best practices
- Static / Dynamic Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in; e.g. Ansys, Abaqus
- Fracture mechanical evaluation
Competencies:To be effective in this role, we expect that you:
- Have a good understanding of CAD modeling in order to make small modifications to existing CAD models and efficiently communicate with CAD designers.
- Can develop innovative solutions to the issues we face when performing these analyses, up to and including development or introduction of new tools or processes into our workflow.
- Achieve your goals as part of a team and that it comes naturally for you to collaborate and share knowledge
- Like to work with complex engineering problems and have a creative approach to a new role
- Being motivated, result-oriented, and have a good sense of responsibility
- Have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Ansys/Abaqus and Creo
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g. Scrum)
- Project Management or business education/experience
- Experience within other large corporate organizations
- Coding skills within a common scripting language (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
What We OfferIn Hub Module you can expect to find a working culture that is friendly and informal but with clear direction. We place a solid emphasis on co-operation, transparency, and a healthy work/life balance. We take pride in each other and, as such, you can expect to work with very skilled colleagues in an inspiring work environment. As part of a global, high-quality organization, we also offer opportunities to grow and develop, both professionally and personally. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position. Last, but not least, we offer the opportunity to be part of the solution to one of the most important global opportunities of our time - ensuring that our future is based on sustainable, clean energy.
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring engineering environment at a well-known wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a good technical and commercial commitment. You will get an interesting opportunity to influence the development of your engineering department and your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Apply now »