Do you thrive in an international and challenging environment?
Carlsberg Group IP is looking for a Patent Manager to take up a position supporting Carlsberg’s global innovation and patenting activities
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for managing all patent related activities, in collaboration with external patent agents. As Patent Manager you will be the key connection to the R&D teams assisting them with landscape analysis, defining protection strategies and timing the involvement of the external patent agents. You will collaborate with other business functions to ensure that the patent portfolio is aligned with business priorities and protect the commercial processes, while being cost-conscious. Accordingly, you will be involved in a broad range of tasks related to patenting, including developing Carlsberg’s patent strategies and procedures, advising on key patent decisions, training of relevant business and R&D units, and conducting competitor surveillance and freedom-to-operate evaluations.
- When possible, international travel is expected for visiting the Group’s various R&D locations.
What we’re looking for
We expect you to possess a solid commercial understanding and of the interplay between patent strategies and business objectives. You must have profound hands-on experience in patenting being capable of understanding both biotechnology and mechanical inventions. You are ready and capable of handling both low-practical tasks and strategic.
Furthermore, we expect you to have
- MSc degree within biotechnology/biochemical and/or mechanical engineering or a related discipline
- Min. 5 years of experience as a patent professional in a private practice or an industry with profound knowledge of all aspects of patenting
- Qualification as European Patent Attorney is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Experience with innovation and patenting strategies and governance as well as with general patent counselling and evaluating infringement by third parties
- Solid hands-on experience in conducting relevant searches, analyzing the freedom-to-operate and the patentability of inventions
- Proactive and commercial approach to IP issues with focus on cooperation with stakeholders and achieving sound and balanced results
- High level of proficiency in both verbal and written English is a prerequisite in this position
- Strong stakeholder management skills including cross-functional project management capabilities and the ability to operate at different levels of an organization
- Excellent communicator capable of effectively conveying technically complex issues to people with no technical background
What you can expect
- Being be part of a global IP team consisting of designated lawyers and paralegals from the Carlsberg Group Legal & Compliance network, specialized in IP. The team members are currently based in Copenhagen, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and China.
- Being part of an international company with immense career opportunities
- A high level of responsibility within your scope of work
Apply through the link in the job ad. Please note that this is the only way we accept applications. For relevant questions about the role please contact Head of Legal Counselling and IP Hanne Weywardt +45 24842871.
Deadline for applying is 18th of April 2021. We read applications continuously, and vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible. We look forward to receiving your application.
Carlsberg Group: Brewing for a better today and tomorrow
For us success has always been in the diverse mix of our people, our beers and our brands. At Carlsberg, we want to recruit and develop people with a global mindset, cultural understanding, and international experience to ensure that our organization stays agile, inclusive and prepared for future growth. Only by acknowledging and harvesting from different perspectives and experiences, will we gain competitive advantage and leverage the effect of diversity for business growth. Carlsberg aims to create equal access to opportunity regardless of social identity, and we encourage everyone to apply regardless of gender, nationality, race, religion or any other characteristics protected by law.