We’re looking for a dedicated Finance partner supporting our Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Your key priorities will be to support the commercial organisation by providing detailed and strategic financial analysis on the company’s brands, category & channel performance. As the commercial finance expert, you’ll be the finance lead on global commercial projects such as COVID impact assessments, commercial M&A investments or the next 5-year strategic plan (Sail ’27).
What you’ll be doing
Acting as a sparring partner to the Carlsberg Central Office (CCO) and an active member of the Leadership Team in Group Commercial (GC), you will support and challenge the business stakeholders on related commercial spend, R&D investments and digital initiatives. You will be supporting our GC VPs and regional VPs with financial analysis and act as sparring partner to the Commercial organisation across key projects.
We expect that you will
- Lead the commercial performance review as part of the MPR process as it relates to Global Brands and Categories. Consolidating, analyzing and presenting the Group commercial performance to ExCom.
- Finance lead in business case development for global projects - active member of the project teams, proactively collaborating with and challenging project managers to drive the project ROI.
- Drive the forecasting, budgeting, and governance process across Group Commercial.
- Lead the OCM agenda in GC, ensuring a cost management mindset is adhered to, with adequate accountability and transparency whilst still investing where it drives most value.
- Drive the development and execution of Group Finance projects, standardization and optimization initiatives and ad hoc analysis (such as COVID-19 R&O analysis or Integrated Planning).
- Together with procurement team, drive Sales & Marketing procurement efficiencies through-out the organisation (e.g. Agency spend reviews, sponsorship ROI, Agency & production decoupling).
- Develop commercial management reporting in Group Commercial - continuously improve and align reporting to reflect strategic priorities in Carlsberg, develop and improve reporting tools and align with markets when reporting requirements change.
We are currently going through a transformation in our finance organisation. Therefore, our future colleague in this role should not only deal well with change but have a positive attitude and mindset about it. The right person for this role sees changes as a chance to take on further responsibility and as a chance to make Carlsberg even greater going forward.
What we’re looking for
We expect that you have a relevant education and min. 5 years’ experience as a strategic finance business partner in a large global organisation. Preferably (but not necessarily) you have worked in F&B, FMCG or similar industries. Most importantly you have good business acumen and pride yourself to know and understand our business and customers.
Furthermore, what we are looking for in our future colleague is someone
- able to consume many numbers and make appropriate recommendations, including presenting financial terms and analysis to ‘non-finance’ functions and stakeholders.
- With a high level of energy and integrity
- ability to thrive in a complex matrix organisation with several interfaces and multiple decision makers.
- Experienced in managing multiplesenior stakeholders and competing priorities.
- With strong networking and communication skills
- network internationally and communicate corporate policies related to e.g. commercial reporting process, business case governance and charge-out mechanisms.
- That “speaks” both finance and commercial. And knows how to translate between the two and align on priorities. As well as ensuring that the Finance agenda is integrated in the business.
- Flexibility and capacity to work well under pressure and deliver results
Send in your application via the link in the job ad. Please note that we only accept applications via our applicant system. For further information about the role please contact VP of FP&A Edith Kwong at
Deadline for applying is April 18th. We read applications continuously, and vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Carlsberg Group: Brewing for a better today and tomorrow
For us success has always been in the diverse mix of our people, our beers and our brands. At Carlsberg, we want to recruit and develop people with a global mindset, cultural understanding, and international experience to ensure that our organization stays agile, inclusive and prepared for future growth. Only by acknowledging and harvesting from different perspectives and experiences, will we gain competitive advantage and leverage the effect of diversity for business growth. Carlsberg aims to create equal access to opportunity regardless of social identity, and we encourage everyone to apply regardless of gender, nationality, race, religion or any other characteristics protected by law.