Title: China BuyerPlacement: Shanghai/China/Commercial
Responsible Manager: Head of Buying & PlanningWorking hours: Full time
We are looking for a China Buyer to join our dedicated Buying & Planning organization. This candidate is expected to maximize and grow commercial sales potential within mainland China. Drives categories to achieve department goals and KPIs through the range planning, product selection, sales forecast, and overall management of product assortment.
Candidate is responsible to secure an assortment that is balanced between global brand image and local commercial needs
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Builds seasonal assortment for mainland China channels: retail stores, Acnestudios.com, WeChat mini-program and Tmall
- Candidate will be responsible for Women’s & Men’s Fashion, Denim, Accessories and Face motif collection decisions for mainland China
- Contributes to seasonal category planning and implements range building and distribution strategy in relation to global stock optimization while securing local needs in relation to brand, sales and store capacity
- Responsible to meet the end of season ST% target set by HQ
- Frequent liaison with HQ Head of Buying on sales trends and opportunities within the market
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive allocation plan for all China channels and for giving inputs on setting replenishment strategy & levels to HQ planning
- Works alongside the China organization to maximise local initiatives e.g. sales, marketing, VM, supply chain
- Responsible for product sizing strategy
- Produces reports and analysis on the range plan and performance identifying action points/areas of opportunity
- Prepares briefing materials and other product documentations for team or other stakeholders
- Constantly liaises with the stores representatives for collection feedback to secure qualitative info to evaluate sales and that all teams aware of clients´ feedback and needs
- Prepares end of season reports and collect feedbacks or other ad-hoc documentation needed
- Supports and prepares customers’ & product’s profilings for new stores/openings within market of responsibility
Key competencies needed
- Academic degree, within business or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of buying or merchandising experience, ideally across product groups and genders
- Ability to co-operate - able to work well with HQ Buying & Planning team
- Driven, highly result and action oriented
- Excellent comprehension of written and spoken English
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications - particularly Excel
- Experienced in working with high volume data
- Specialized in fashion & market knowledge - strong product and market knowledge as well as passion and interest
- High analytical and numerical skills as well as ability to conceptualize and see patterns and trends
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively communicate across many departments
- Organized, efficient and solution oriented
We may perform background checks for this position.
Acne Studios is a Stockholm based fashion house with a multi-disciplinary heritage. Through founder and Creative Director Jonny Johansson’s interest in art, architecture and street culture, an alternative path has been found, turning Acne Studios into a well-respected creator of ready-to-wear for men and women. The collections are defined by Jonny Johansson’s signature juxtaposing design and attention to detail, with an emphasis on tailoring and an eclectic use of materials and custom developed fabrics.
Acne Studios is independently owned and has over 60 stores over the world including flagship stores in Paris, London, New York City, Los Angeles and Tokyo. The company has an annual turnover of around 230 MEUR and a total number of staff of more than 800, around 200 are working at the headquarters in Stockholm. Acne Studios also operate offices in Paris, New York, and Shanghai.