About our group:
We are seeking a Senior, Equipment Engineer to join our Wafer Equipment Engineering Services in our Bloomington, MN location. In this role as a part of the Wafer Equipment Engineering Services, you will be working in Fa team environment.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Equipment Engineer will have the opportunity to work in the Photolithography/Electromagnetic Plating or Metrology area. The position requires overall knowledge of the equipment used in Wafer/Semiconductor Manufacturing. You will interact with a range of team members from technicians, operators, engineers and management. And you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and to learn from others on the team. Seagate believes this is critical to the growth of our employees, as well as our Company.
About the role - you will:
- Be responsible for development and deployment of Wafer Processing equipment for manufacturing.
- Use scientific knowledge and formal systems to find practical solutions to daily problems. This consists of working with direct complex operations geared toward gaining efficiency, productivity, and accuracy.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacture of company products.
- Oversee the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain current records on equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues.
- Evaluate equipment performance and reliability and take appropriate action.
- Establish programs and solutions for increasing uptime and for equipment problems that affect the manufacturing process.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing equipment repair and process engineering organizations.
- Develop primary or secondary tool data collection through the implementation of software integration to improve tool performance (SQL / Python / R / .NET)
- Implement equipment control strategies using factory automation to improve equipment performance metrics
- Create automated workflows to carry out automated decisions and actions based on collected sensors data and events
- Define and write preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs.
- Familiarity with Semiconductor / Thin Film Photolithography Exposure/Coating systems or Electromagnetic Plating tools
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to persuade and gain agreement with cross functional teams
- Must be willing to work off shift hours on an "as need" basis
Your experience includes:
- PhD degree (engineering related field) recent grad from Dec 2019 to present.
- Demonstrated experience in wafer manufacturing and semiconductor production equipment
- Experience with statistical analytic tools, Six Sigma, JMP or Minitab or other statistical software
- Demonstrated experience with Focus Ion Beam metrology tools, X-ray Fluorescence measurement tools, Atomic Force Measurement systems, SEM metrology applications and with a variety of final test equipment
- Master’s degree in engineering related field (i.e., electrical, mechanical, computer engineering, physics)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Experience in computer hardware and/or programming
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Location: Normandale, United States