Do you want to help us to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as kick-scooter and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams include an eclectic bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have more than 20 million users around the world. We work across 8 countries and 90 cities, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all of those markets and taking care about . We’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up.
We are looking for committed and proactive people who want to keep learning constantly and also, help us to grow technically and humanly working in collaboration with awesome people, and making an impact across our teams. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment is really important for us. That’s why we like to count with different points of view in our team that help us to solve problems in a better way.
What will you do:
- You will take part in different projects within our technological stack, each project has autonomy to work in its own way.
- You will be an active member of the Frontend guild meeting regularly with all the front engineers, collaborating and sharing libraries (internal or external), talking about good practices, building and proposing ideas about the maintenance of our code base.
- In a front project at Cabify you will find yourself working with git (gitlab), and continuous integration pipelines. Working in the morning on a function, making your colleagues review the code and once it is approved and integrated into the main branch if it passes all the pipes, automatically put it into production, we do "continuous delivery".
- We give quite a lot of importance to tests. You need a special sensitivity in creating unit tests (for example with react testing library), end-to-end (we work with cypress and cucumber) and automatic visual regression tests (we use Storybook and loki).
- You will use our design system and participate in its development and maintenance, so it is interesting that you have a good knowledge of HTML, CSS and design systems.
- All of our services are in the cloud and we currently work with kubernetes.
- If you do not have experience with any of the points discussed, you will have the opportunity to learn and improve them with the help of frontend mentors.
What are we looking for:
- We are looking for a front-end engineer aligned with our company values, who is a good communicator and who can work in multidisciplinary environments.
- Have a solid background with at least 5 years of experience.
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Used to work with "toolings" such as webpack, eslint, prettier, babel, etc.
- Experienced with React and Redux.
Nice to have:
- We are focused on functional programming, knowledge of functional libraries such as RXJS, lodashFP, etc.
- Server-side coding experience
- A CS degree
What’s it like to work at Cabify?We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering:
- Senior Frontend Engineer 43k-58k
- Frontend Engineer 32k-48k
- We also offer a very competitive stock options plan. At Cabify we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term investment in the company success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- We offer a relocation package to people who are coming from another country.
- Our office is located in Madrid, but a fully remote position is also available for this role.
- Two Remote days available per week if you are working in our Madrid office.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs based on our career paths
- Training programs
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Aren’t you sure about if you fulfill all of the requirements? Even, if this position stands out your curiosity, please apply for it. At Cabify we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers.
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!