Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Job ID: 00035950211
You can have a unique opportunity to be a part of global partner of Salesforce projects in the national and international scope, to develop an exciting career. We empower the development of our people, our greatest asset, giving them the training they seek and international assignments where they develop all their skills.
Cognizant is a recognized global leader in Digital and the Salesforce ecosystem – one of a handful of top tier systems integrators with the Global Strategic Systems Integrator credential from Salesforce, and the winner of many recent awards from clients and Salesforce for our innovations.
The Release Manager is responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of processes and procedures in support of Salesforce configuration, development and migration. You will be responsible for planning, coordination and oversight of our Salesforce releases, patches, and emergency change requests. This role will work closely with agile development teams.
You will help drive definition and evolution of release processes and support automation that optimizes efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth and operational complexity.
What experience and skills should the future employee have?
- Background working in Salesforce implementations.
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce preferable (including but not limited to managing sandboxes, users, process builders; how to use change sets and their limitations; etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with ANT/Eclipse and Jenkins.
- 8+ years of experience in roles covering all Software Development Lifecycle (i.e. experience with development and operations, and/or existing Release Management role) with multiple teams.
- A proven record with release management tools and concepts.
- Agile project management tools (such as JIRA).
- Agile development and release practices.
- Experience with Bitbucket or other source control tools
- Exposure to Ansible and Salesforce Advanced Admin certification (ADM 211) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
Responsibilities you will have:
- Define and evolve strategies that support metadata assource code and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Help build a release management workflow at enterprise scale that will ensure successful migrations.
- Define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements
- Perform environment refreshes while ensuring they are done appropriately.
- Ensure that sandboxes are created to meet development requirements and reduce the impact of erroneous refreshes.
- Work with development staff to troubleshoot environment issues
- Define roles required to support the release management workflow.
- Implement the appropriate strategies for controlling and migrating changes through the environments, ensuring there are repeatable processes with sound change management.
- Define and support a standard migration (deployment) process, including how to handle rollbacks and hotfixes.
- Understand and make recommendations to improve reliability and sustainability of regular configuration and deployment activities for the enterprise.
- Identify and recommend the automation of various functionalities in the Salesforce delivery process.
- Identify third-party tools and technologies that will assist in the management of our Salesforce configuration.
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Reduced working time schedule on Fridays.
- Career plan and development
- Exceptional international work environment
- Team-building activities
- Coffee, tea and fruits in the office
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work for a global Salesforce partner.
For more information about us check our website.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 17 2020
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.