Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of Interest
Engineer - Hardware
Security, Software Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Threat Response simplifies security investigations and incident response. It aggregates threat intelligence, enriches that intelligence with context of an organization, and shows where and how customers are affected by malware threats. We are a globally distributed team of developers working on Cisco Threat Response utilizing advanced sources of threat intelligence to give our customers a powerful tool to investigate, detect and respond to attacks on their organizations.
Do you love learning and working with technologies like the following?
- REST APIs
- Developing frontend/backend automated tests
- Elasticsearch and Kibana
If using those to help improving computer security sounds exciting, this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
Our team is looking for a Software Test Developer who will understand the complex interactions between a cloud application and local network security devices. The role involves developing, executing and maintaining test scripts for verification end-to-end and regression testing. You will be writing lot of automation to validate and monitor functionality of various applications in isolation and at scale.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, result driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what’s going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn’t give up when faced with complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in a software development or testing role
- Comfortable with at least one scripting/programming language
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Experience to develop and maintain automated tests, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Experience with bug tracking tools
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Able to identify test cases and what to automate
- Work closely across teams through the design and development processes
- Dedicated to deadlines, take responsibilities
- Experience in testing either frontend or backend systems
Nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP networks
- Experience with Golang
- REST APIs
- Good understanding of automated UI/UX testing with Selenium
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Experience with performance testing
- Having strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.