Job ID: JR0122158
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Software EngineerJob Description
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
The qualified candidate will join Intel Santa Clara Flex Solutions team as a Software Engineer and will have opportunities to participate in various projects as part of product development or research.
The main focus of this role will be on system-level software development, in areas such as OS kernel, firmware development, network/graphics or other I/O driver development, imaging/media development, machine learning, and computer vision development and optimization, among others. The Flex Solutions organization is an internal consulting business to support Intel business units with burst-capacity needs.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Fluent spoken and written English communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field with at least 6 months of software development experience.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Technical skills - Must have:
- Proven experience in C/C++ programming, assembly languages, data structures, algorithms, Python or Java.
- Proven experience in embedded systems, microcontrollers, CPU architecture.
- Proven experience and/or understanding in OS/RTOS Kernels, multi-threading programming, memory and resource management.
- Understanding of hardware low-level components such as I/O's, interrupts, network communication protocols, etc.
- Understanding of version control and continuous integration tools.
- Fluent spoken and written English communication skills.
Additional skills - Nice to have:
- FPGA, Verilog, OpenCL or RTL Design.
- Low-level Virtual Platforms for HW/SW simulation.
- Machine learning and computer vision.
- Containers experience/knowledge (Dockers, Kubernetes, etc.) knowledge and/or experience is a plus.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services. US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
USExperienced HireJR0122158Santa Clara
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US