Senior Manager, Marketing Data ScienceSan Francisco, United States • Marketing • Full Time
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will support a best-in-class product with nuanced analysis, actionable insights, and strong recommendations. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for sustainable growth across the marketing and analytics organizations. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong, then this role could be a great fit!
We're looking for a Senior Manager with strong technical and leadership skills to lead our Product Marketing Analytics team.
In this role, you'll get to
- Apply creative analytical problem solving skills to a wide variety of marketing questions to deepen our understanding of campaign effectiveness, customer journeys, and go-to-market performance.
- Lead a growing and high performing team of analysts to provide insights and drive impact for Atlassian’s Marketing team.
- Collaborate with leadership in marketing and cross functionally to provide a data-driven viewpoint on strategic decisions.
- Drive growth for Atlassian across all of our products through best-in-class analytics
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 8 + years of experience in analytics or closely related fields
- 3 + years of experience managing teams
- A proven track record for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
- The ability to prioritize your time wisely against multiple competing projects and requests
- Familiarity with a broad set of topics and disciplines within marketing analytics (e.g. campaign attribution/effectiveness, web tracking, customer lifecycle marketing, etc.)
- Comfort with structuring and coaching others to work through open-ended business questions through analytics
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods as needed
It's great, but not required if you have
- Experience with freemium business models
- Experience with at least one analytics & visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Plotly, etc.
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R)
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with statistics and probability
More about our teamAtlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to doing things differently. We're able to distill highly complex analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we interface directly with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively. We've been described as scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.