Job Description - Senior Technician - Environmental Laboratory (19004182)
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for an experienced environmental laboratory technician to work for the facilities organization in the environmental operations department. Tasks will primarily relate to the operation and management of the environmental lab supporting the site’s wastewater treatment plant. This technician will be responsible for performing the daily testing for the required regulatory analysis and plant process controls. The lab is a NYSDEC approved biological lab for wastewater analysis with capabilities covering BOD/CBOD, TSS, TDS, NH3, Nitrates, Nitrites, Peroxide, Fluoride, as well as a variety of other organic and inorganic waste components. Additional work activities will include system & equipment maintenance and daily regulatory activities, with some tasks related to control system support and alarm response. Technicians must be able to work with engineers & managers in a team environment with a focus on safety, reliability, and regulatory compliance. Strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities are important, and a background in laboratory analysis and chemical handling will be needed. Experience with sanitary and/or industrial wastewater treatment plants would be highly valued.
- Position is for day shift with some weekend coverage. Overtime may be required at times. Emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- Working outdoors to perform certain job responsibilities will be needed in all seasons.
- Working in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely will be required, as will working in a standing position for most of an 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- The ability to independently perform laboratory analysis and utilize testing methods is critical to the position.
- Use of all site operation IT systems, including shift logs to communicate and collaborate across a three shift operation is required.
- Familiarity with and utilization of tools and practices to ensure continuous improvement is a benefit.
- Knowledge of waste handling regulations such as HAZWOPER and RCRA is helpful.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing all activities in a safe and responsible manner and supporting all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs is required.
- Education: Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or Military Equivalent
- Experience - 6 years of relevant experience
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing, process equipment, and a cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems.
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.