Senior Engineering Manager, ConfluenceMountain View, United States • Engineering • Full Time
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear – your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to manage a full-stack feature team for our Confluence product. Confluence is a knowledge sharing and collaboration tool that enable high performing teams to reach their full potential. You'll be part of an established team focused on improving how effectively teams collaborate on Confluence. You will work closely with our product management and design team to deliver rapidly and incrementally, experiment to explore new ideas, and focus on continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
We work on a large-scale React application that ships to customers within minutes. We're using GraphQL with Apollo as our next-generation state management layer and developing microservices in Java running on Amazon's AWS. Our new microservices architecture provides developers the opportunity to use the latest cloud native techniques to rapidly build product experiences our customers will love.
On your first day, you should have:
- 3-4 years of experience as an Engineering people leader
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes
- 3+ years experience leading the definition and development of reliable and scalable distributed systems
- 3+ years experience with oversight for operations of a large SaaS serviceProven experience recruiting and developing talent including setting the standard for continuous feedback and growth conversations within the broader team
- Experience leading large scale search architecture transformations
- Experience as an engineer building large scale distributed systems
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Ability to define the long-term technical vision and strategy for your teams
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality software on time
- Strong experience with stakeholder management at all levels and ability to influence to drive to the right outcome
- Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recommend alternative technical and solution approaches
More about our teamWe are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in the power of teams. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about customers and implement various types of testing to see whether we're right (or wrong). The Confluence team is based in Mountain View, but you’ll also be required to collaborate with the broader Technical Engineering Teams across multiple global offices of Atlassian
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.