It's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference!
If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Tech Data!
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
Job Summary:The Procurement Operations TL will develop, build and maintain strong relationship with the Local Procurement teams in the countries. This role is crucial in providing leadership and direction to the new SSC Procurement Operations team that supports efficiency all over the Procurement community.
The Procurement Operations TL will also have direct involvement in business case development and performance measurement. A deep understanding of global procurement operations/ business challenges and the ability to translate them into solutions is critical.
The Procurement Operations TL will manage and direct a team of Procurement analysts in charge of running the normal Procurement Operations process (Placing PO, run MRP, Shopping List and Warehouse and AP queries)
Other responsibilities include:
- Execute Improvement projects to support SSC objectives and goals.
- Implement harmonized standards across the global organization to enable efficiencies, effective controls and Company-wide spend management/reporting.
- Responsible for current state assessment, gap resolution and task execution/deliverables for assigned area of responsibilities.
- Direct the activities of to accomplish company/department objectives.
- Develop systems policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities
- Work with other members of the Operations Leadership team to develop and implement initiatives to reduce transaction costs, consolidate volume and create efficiency.
- Extract leadership reports, providing tracking on key departmental KPI's
- Quickly develop a knowledge of all company procurement systems, processes and critical data elements and standards
- Knowledge of Company procurement strategies for project alignment
- Conduct current state assessments to identify gaps to standard model
- Develop and implement gap resolution / implementation plans
- Develop/Update training material as required
- Execute implementation plans to deliver quality results within defined timelines
- Support users with post implementation procedural or system issues
- Lead interactions with key stakeholders
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure efficient operations
- Solve complex problems in which analysis of data or situations require in-depth evaluation
- Work with Manager to report and monitor process compliance
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Build and monitor team schedules and performance requirements.
Knowledge and Background:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Business or related field required
- Successful 5+ year track record in a process role.
- Experience with SAP procurement systems
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team
- Comprehensive understanding of PO process and order to payment technologies
- Results Orientation
- Strong Collaborative Skills, Positive Attitude, High Energy
- Comfort/familiarity with constructing presentations, organization communications, and business cases
- Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions and at the leadership levels
- Strong leadership, analytical capabilities and negotiation skills
- Business acumen and strategic thinking
- Passion for developing a high performance organization
- Strong detail orientation and cost reduction/process improvement focus
- Ability to resolve conflict and ability to apply effective team decision making and problem solving techniques
- Good coacher
- Natural Leadership>
- Natural Leadership>