Wilton - CT, US
IntroductionASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Job MissionThis position is based in New Product Introduction Group (NPI) within the manufacturing sector in Wilton, Connecticut. This role is to perform the final qualification steps of assemblies manufactured in the Wilton facility. The Manufacturing Operations in Wilton Connecticut is responsible for the production of lithography tools as well as purchasing and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Primary Role: Responsible for functional qualification of mechatronic (complex Electro-mechanical) systems, including definition of test strategy and process flow for new module design.
- Support production issues with concise troubleshooting of modules under test and related sub systems.
Lead troubleshooting efforts of above systems using data analysis as well as mechanical, sensor, and servo feedback.
- Define and create Manufacturing procedures (work instructions) and specifications.
- Master test rig qualification software:Linux/Python + Proprietary ASML GUI.
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Multi-Discipline (Hardware/Software/Electrical/Servo) Test Equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance, upgrades, and installation of new test rigs.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding the build and test of assemblies and final products.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and help validate the root-cause of the failure.
- Introduce new products into production in an existing “Concurrent Engineering” environment.
- Time allocation:
30% in Cleanroom learning existing test strategy and testing software.
30% Spent in meetings with Design Engineering for Testrig design and Qualification.
25% Spent with Manufacturing Engineering on process recommendations and qualification plan.
15% Spent documenting results and writing guidelines.
EducationBachelor of Science in electrical, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must display a solid understanding of complicated manufacturing assemblies.
- Exposure to complicated multi-disciplinary (Electro-Mechanical) assembly experience preferred.
- Familiarity with integrated Hardware/Software Testers Preferred.
- Exposure to Matlab programming a plus.
- Experience with servo systems and moving assemblies preferred.
- One to Five years (or more experience & Co-op ok) in an Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Python a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX / CAD and SAP a plus.
- Working knowledge of ASML system software (for internal ASML Candidates) a plus.
- Experience with vacuum systems – mechanical aptitude a plus.
Context of the positionThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Other informationEEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer