Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:Independently, the Senior Statistical Analyst I will review study protocol, statistical analysis plans, CRFs and edit check specifications; work with biostatisticians and clinical staff to generate data tables, figures and listings; write and document programs; perform ad hoc programming; and perform QC tasks. May lead a small programming team with 1-3 analysts on a project.
Major Responsibilities:Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide input to protocol, CRFs, edit check specifications and statistical analysis plans.
- Set up study folders and programming environment
- Generate or validate table programs
- Create or validate analysis datasets
- Work with Statistician to write table specifications
- Perform adhoc programming
- Perform complex data checking for Data Management group
- Document programs and specifications
- May lead a small programming team with effective communication skills
- Be able to provide guidance to less experienced statistical analyst and provide SASÒ code trouble-shooting
- Be able to modify existing macros or create new project specific macros
- Provide accurate and timely answers to routine questions from clients
- Communicate an understanding of basic clinical principles for his/her project and acts in accordance with those principles.
- Be able to solve simple issues independently
- Inform supervisor or manager on important issues in a timely manner.