Job Description - Software/Systems Engineer (19029787)
Location:United States-Utah-Hill AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position:Yes
Relocation Assistance:No relocation assistance available
Travel:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software/Systems Engineer. This position will be located at our Technology Services Sector at Hill AFB, UT. This position is supporting the Ground Subsystems Support Contract (GSSC). This engineer will perform software system engineering activities for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) software related programs.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and in conjunction with subcontractor teams for requirements definition, design development and integration, software documentation development, formal qualification test support, and system integration test planning and execution for weapon system operational and support software. This is a high profile program, critical to weapon system functionality of operational and support software to ensure correctness, reliability and that all relevant software and testing standards are met.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Basic QualificationsThis requisition may be filled at either at Software Engineer level or Principal level.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, 0 years with a Master’s (Principal level requires 5 years with a BS or 3 years with an MS)
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite Products: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Project
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Current DoD Security Clearance
- Familiarity with ICBM operational and support software.
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment
- Familiarity with process/procedure development, control and improvement.
- Use and/or application of systems engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Familiar with requirement and system level testing methodologies
- Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.