About NCRNCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
This position will have global responsibility for the Product Safety Test and Compliance for all Financial Products and Devices and will be recognized as a subject matter expert for Product Safety. The role reports to the Financial Hardware Engineering Test & Compliance Senior Manager. The main areas of responsibility are:
- Providing education and guidance to development teams, ensuring that Product Safety compliance is ‘designed in’ to all new developments
- Identify and interpret international Product Safety standards and/or regulations that products must meet including CE, IEC60950, etc
- Distill and summarize requirements to product and device design teams and upper management.
- Recommend testing and interface with product and business development teams to develop and execute upon relevant compliance approval plans.
- Perform in house Product Safety compliance testing including generating test specifications and test reports/position statements
- Working with third party safety agencies (e.g. CSA) to achieve safety agency certifications in line with business requirements
- Address special customer requests (Third Party Products) by defining test and certification requirements.
- Create and maintain regulatory compliance documentation and certificates.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning and process improvement
- Keep current with global Product Safety requirements by reviewing relevant compliance periodicals, web sites, current and new standards.
- Interpret and understand the latest standards to ensure Product Safety laboratory is maintained and operating to comply with those standards.
- Identify any required equipment upgrades and process changes for Product Safety Laboratory.
- Facilitate process, automation and operational improvements within the Product Safety laboratory
- Raise CARs and Purchase Orders for equipment and/or lab upgrades and external testing in line with departmental budgets
- Ensure test equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- 3-5 years of experience in a design or product design environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and working on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both within NCR and with external agencies
- Strong product testing and evaluation skills.
- Strong debug skills and ability to drive resolution to root cause of issues
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Package)
- Ability to define test regimes to carry out qualification testing
- Ability to influence and work effectively at all levels of the company
- Effective negotiation skills
- At least 2 years of experience in compliance
- Product Safety testing and certification experience in an electronic or electromechanical environment
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Equipment safety standards e.g. IEC60950
- Lab management experience
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.