Wilton - CT, US
IntroductionASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Job MissionASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. This position is for a Senior Electrical Engineer with innovative attitude to work in Manufacturing Test Engineering. Candidate will work with development engineers to implement comprehensive production test that incorporates a high level of performance verification and troubleshooting diagnostics.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Develop Manufacturing specifications
- Work with Optical, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering staff to develop overall design of Opto-Mechanical/Electrical Modules.
- Develop assembly concepts and qualification tests for new product design.
- Introduce new products into production in an existing “Concurrent Engineering” environment.
- Support image analysis on data and derive conclusions.
- Develop production sequence and routings.
- Develop Manufacturing procedures and technical work instructions.
- Support in-production issues by assisting Production Assembly and Test Engineers and Technicians with concise troubleshooting of Opto-Mechanical/Electrical Modules and Sub-Modules.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts with proposed solutions.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and help validate the root-cause of the failure Interface with internal and external customers regarding contamination test result, testing methods, and control strategy.
- Create and direct equipment calibration, upkeep, and new equipment specification and procurement for all analytical instruments used in manufacturing.
- Able to read optical, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of Code-V and /or Zemax.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW and Python.
EducationBS/MS in Mechanical or Optical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of diverse optical metrology setups: Interferometers, Shack – Hartmann sensor, polarimetry/ellipsometry & Optical alignment.
- Working knowledge of geometric optics, wave optics, Gaussian propagation, and aberration theory.
- Working knowledge with epoxy application in opto-mechanical designs.
- Working knowledge with optical assy/ alignment/ test equipment/ tools.
- Working knowledge in lasers, polarization, detectors, electro-optical devices and opto-mechanical constructions.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production process.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Working knowledge with Optical-Electrical sensors is a plus.
- Experience in the field of technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX, Teamcenter and SAP is a plus.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility and follow through.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
Context of the positionThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Other informationEEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.