Senior Server Financial AnalystSan Francisco, United States • G&A • Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) empowers leaders at Atlassian by facilitating business planning, providing insight into business performance and supporting strategic decision-making. We predict the financial future of the business and handle the P&L. Do you love defining and interpreting business metrics? Do you want to develop and analyze performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level? If so, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey.
In this role, you will report to the Head of FP&A - Revenue Team and will primarily support the Data Center business leaders. As a member of the team you will play a key role in planning, provide insight into business performance, support strategic decision-making and help predict the future of the business. You appreciate the mantra "work smarter, not harder" and will champion improvements to growth and operations for the Data Center business. You will also work closely with the broader finance team including FP&A, accounting, pricing and analytics.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company, ideally suited if you are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance partner.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Solid experience with planning and budgeting processes, bookings/revenue forecasting, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel and understanding of business metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance stakeholders
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Preferably you will hold a degree in Business, Economics or Finance
- Preferably have experience working in Technology or Software industry
It's great, but not required of you have:
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan) and finance systems (e.g., Netsuite)
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.