Mid-Level Structural Bridge Engineer - Seismic
Apply now »
Apply for Job
× Enter your email to apply
Date: Nov 9, 2019
Location:Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 82360Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service construction driven engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact communities across North America. Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision plans and a top-notch 401(k) plan.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Mid-Level Structural Bridge Engineer for bridge and infrastructure projects in the KIE - Englewood, CO office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete bridges for conceptual and final designs, with experience in seismic design, construction sequencing, and prestressed concrete. The Structural Bridge Engineer should have at least 5 – 10 years’ experience in engineering plan production and preparation of engineering calculations, be highly technically competent, and familiar with current codes and practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and perform engineering design tasks and coordinate with CADD teams in developing plans, specifications, and estimates for final design projects.
- Identify and understand technical requirements of design projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions.
- Identify, interpret, and apply appropriate design standards and codes; ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Perform seismic design and detailing; pushover, ductility, and dynamic analysis.
- Participate in technical meetings and discussions; strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems.
- Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits.
- Master's degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- 5 - 15 years’ experience in relevant bridge engineering design.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in California, Washington, or Structural Engineer (SE) Registration.
- Experience with the design of multiple bridge types, preferred.
- Seismic bridge design and analysis.
- Experience with Design-Build or other alternative delivery methods, preferred.
- Working knowledge of structural engineering design software, i.e. programs such as LUSAS, CSiBridge, SOFiSTiK, MIDAS, etc.
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and other North American design codes.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to travel as business requires.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Geology, Transportation, Engineering
Apply now »
Apply for Job
× Enter your email to apply