Design Manager, Platform Systems TeamAustin, United States • Design • Full Time
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of customers across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few). Are you passionate about designing exceptional user experiences and driving design thinking with cross-functional teams? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager on our Platform Systems Team based in Austin, Texas!
The Platform Systems team helps design support experiences for Atlassian products. Support experiences are core to helping our customers use our products and services easily and effectively.
In this role, you’ll lead and manage a talented, high-performing team of designers. You will be deeply involved in the entire design process from helping define vision and strategy through final decisions and execution.
In this role, you'll:
- Work across our Customer Service and Community platform to design user-facing experiences that provide the right support experience at the right time.
- Lead a team of designers, helping them develop their craft and careers.
- Work closely with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to define strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
- Drive strategic design direction for support experiences at both an organizational, leadership, and company-wide level.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Inspire designers, raise the bar, and set new standards.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve the current user experience for existing tools/features.
- Help drive the product/platform roadmap.
- Provide teams with mentorship, direction, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
- Build cross-product support experiences that help our customers understand and use our products with ease.
To be successful, we expect you to:
- Bring previous management experience (min 3 years).
- Have a strong passion for making people better. You’ll support and guide to your team in constructive ways that encourage, energize, and increase their quality of work.
- Be hungry to learn and evolve in all aspects of service design.
- Be naturally curious with a firm focus on the why.
- Have hands-on professional experience as a product or platform designer, ideally in customer support scenarios.
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership.
- Have experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Have an understanding of how design can help drive business goals.
More about the teamFirst and foremost, Design Managers at Atlassian are responsible for encouraging and growing design talent. They’re in it for the people and get their kicks from leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design Managers are comfortable wearing many different hats – they’re a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy. Design managers are also directly accountable for the user experience and are the leading voice of the customer.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianSoftware is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.