Cardno’s Infrastructure Division is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to join the Site Development team in Charlotte, NC. Successful candidates will have at least five(5) years of related design experience, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and will thrive in a team environment. The Civil Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager with a variety of assignments, and will coordinate with other team members and designers. The ideal candidate will be proactive, inquisitive, and industrious, and pay attention to detail.
The candidate must possess a good understanding of site layout, grading, erosion and sedimentation control, drainage and stormwater management, and utility design, and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Job Description:Responsibilities and required skills include, but are not limited to:
- Working with experienced Project Managers to complete work associated with civil engineering projects that involve site layout, grading and drainage design, stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water, erosion control, and roadway design
- Working within a team of designers on a variety of projects, including private land development (single-family subdivisions, commercial, etc.) and municipal/public projects
- Performing independent design tasks, preparing construction drawings, compiling reports, completing quantity takeoffs and cost estimates, letters and memos, and preparing other associated project deliverables with limited supervision
- Exercising initiative, judgment, and decisiveness as appropriate and as required in areas of responsibility
- Communicating with reviewing agencies and coordinating with other disciplines
- Conducting detailed due diligence regarding design requirements and permitting processes
- Obtaining permit approvals and tracking jurisdictional schedules
- Keeping the Project Manager informed of project status, schedules, and issues
- B. S. in Civil Engineering (preferred) from ABET Accredited School.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in civil design
- Familiar with engineering types of software to complete calculations for design (specific software proficiency is not required)
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well with others
- Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants