Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Description:We are seeking an experienced Statistical Programmer I to support clinical trial analysis and reporting in the Global Clinical Affairs organization. The role includes statistical programming support for clinical study reports and publications, and validation of statistical programs. This role will work with statisticians, statistical programmers, and clinical study teams on clinical studies in a variety of therapy areas. Under the supervision of a statistician, this role will support accurate and timely reports to regulatory authorities, analyses to support publications activities.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Provides statistical programing support for assigned clinical studies or projects
- Creates analysis datasets per specifications for each study
- Programs customized data displays in accordance with approved statistical analysis plan and shell displays for clinical studies
- Reviews table shells for clinical study reports
- Prepares documentation for statistical programs
- Conducts data checks to ensure data integrity
- Provides input on standardization of processes, programs and documentation to improve efficiencies
- Conducts validation activities as assigned
- Maintains current knowledge in developments in statistical programming languages (SAS)
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your required experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelors in engineering, statistics or biostatistics, mathematics, or closely related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in statistical programming in SAS, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.