Mfg & Sourcing
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The Raw Material Assistant is responsible for production phase of fabric and managing the flow of communication and changes to all factories/agents/mills/suppliers/staff that relate to raw materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Input and/or verify fabric details into the production tech pack and raw materials master to insure accuracy of raw material information in the tech pack
- Create and maintain accurate mill cards and confirm fabric prices.
- Pass fabric and lining standards seasonally to agents and mills.
- Bulk fabric approvals & shade lots.
- Drive fabric and trim price negotiations to ensure margin goals are met.
- Liaison between suppliers and factories on bulk fabric issues.
- Work closely with design and merchandising on fabric issues that concern MU goals.
- Monitor fabric and raw material information in the WIP (Work-In-Progress) to insure on-time garment deliveries.
- Responsible for troubleshooting fabric & lining and delivery issues and proactively communicating to factories, agents and suppliers to insure on-time garment deliveries.
- Identify, negotiate and resolve fabric and lining quality issues.
- Manage the deadlines, provide info, submit and approve on time.
- Attend production status meetings.
- Maintaining the fabric and lining library.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in fashion textile
- Technical knowledge of woven and knit fabrics
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills with detailed attention to products.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all cross functional teams.
- PLM experience
- 1 to 2 years’ experience.
- Strong general computer and excel skills.
Assistant, Raw Material (Temporary Assignment)
- to search results