Niskayuna, New York, United States
Role Summary:As a Senior Embedded Software Developer, you will be
responsible for architecting, development, and execution of real-time Embedded
systems for Commercial Aerospace, Fossil and Wind Power Generation, Homeland
Security, and Defense applications as part of a project team. You will work
with GE Business units and Government Agencies to propose, lead, and execute
Essential Responsibilities:You will:
- Work with the GE Business units and US Government Agencies to
create innovative solutions to solve the World’s toughest challenges
- Collaborate with Universities, Industrial consortiums, Commercial
partners, and others to advance the state of the art in embedded computing
- Publish technical papers, patent intellectual property, and
contribute to open source communities
- Share technical knowledge and mentor others on the team and across
- Leverage FPGA design tools to develop and implement advanced
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool developers to
provide the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense
- Design, model, simulate, implement, and optimize real time
critical embedded systems
- Prototype solutions for experimentation, validation and customer
- Develop execution optimization techniques to accelerate AI &
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of related experience OR a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related
disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of related experience OR a Bachelors degree in
Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 15 years of
- Structured programming experience in MATLAB, VHDL,
Verilog, and/or C/C++
- Demonstrated core development in real time embedded
systems & microcontrollers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Due to the nature of the duties of this position, this role
requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security
Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers
page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Development on neuromorphic computing platforms
- Understanding of embedded security techniques
- Experience writing proposals in response to government
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- System on Chip (CPU/FPGA) development and optimization
- Optimization of hypervisor technologies and real-time operation
- Experience with QNX RTOS
About Us:GE Research is GE's innovation engine where new ideas are originated, developed and productized to create a better world and deliver differentiated products across the company's industrial portfolio. These products span the aviation, power, transportation and health care sectors.
Today, we're a forward leaning, interdisciplinary organization, matching world-class innovation with market insights and industry connections to move faster and deliver better outcomes for GE’s businesses and customers.
We continue a strong track record in innovation and invention that began with our company's founder, Thomas Edison. GE scientists and engineers have distinguished themselves over time, amassing tens of thousands of patents, two Nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and a list of inventions that have defined and redefined generation after generation.
This rich legacy of delivering transformative innovation is thriving now more than ever.
Discover how we’re seeing, moving and creating the future at https://www.ge.com/research/, meet our innovation giants at https://www.ge.com/research/people, search our open positions at http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with us on our social channels at https://twitter.com/GEResearch and https://www.linkedin.com/company/geresearch/.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.