The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, Ground and Software Systems Division, in the Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team (comprises of 8 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the CDC Team Lead.
The initial assignment is the development of mission planning software for the European Space Agency (ESA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Experiments and activities in the International Space Stations (ISS) have to be designed carefully, taking into account the specific mission and resources constraints (including the astronauts’ availabilities). In addition, ESA and International Partners have to coordinate their plans constantly to avoid scheduling or resources conflicts.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing the software using an agile method
- Interacting with our ESA and NASA end-users for requirements elicitation
- Analysing and designing components
- Building connectivity between internal and external systems
- Writing documentation
- Interacting with customers for software support.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in design and development of modern web stacks and/or Python
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong skills with single page application development, REST and front-end large architectures
- Experience with common front-end development tool (e.g. Babel, Webpack, NPM)
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle, including Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proven experience with Python, Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (especially ES6, React, Redux)
- Thorough with testing and code quality
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Experience with FullStack Development, Python, Django, Java
- Fluency with relational database and SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
- Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, routing
- Open Sources Server environment
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to write high-quality software project documentation in English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
How To Apply?
- Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) to email@example.com to the attention of Ms. Dinara Karimova.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.