Niskayuna, New York, United States
Role Summary:As a Senior Electrical Engineer involved in the design of electrical machines, you will work in a collaborative team environment. You will lead the development of advanced machine system concepts as well as their implementation for application to power generation, renewable energy, aviation systems, electric and hybrid vehicles, electric propulsion systems and other electrical energy conversion systems.
Essential Responsibilities:As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will lead the planning, development, and transition of technologies from concept to products and/or services for GE internal and external clients.
- Conduct research through modeling simulation, and design electric machines
- Develop and test machines.
- Participate with multidisciplinary teams in the development of new power technologies and capabilities for GE's next generation product platforms.
- Innovate in the electric machines, drives and systems space.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations that describe analyses and solutions.
- Connect the organization to the latest technology developments and trends in industry.
- Contribute to proposals for GE businesses as well as government agencies.
- Doctorate Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience in a research & development environment developing electric machines OR a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a research & development environment developing electric machines
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of electric machines and their controls, including electromagnetic, insulation, thermal as well as mechanical technology aspects.
- Experience in designing electric machines for a wide range of applications.
- Experience with surface permanent magnet, interior permanent magnet, flux switching, reluctance, and superconducting machine technologies.
- Expertise in simulation tools such as finite elements, Matlab (Simulink) and others such as PLECS.
- Expertise in controls and hardware in the loop systems such as OPAL-RT, RTDS, Typhoon and etc.
- Strong background in developing multi-physics analytic models of electric machines.
- Connections in industry and academia.
- Record of publications and patents.
- Demonstrated successful track record of completing tasks and deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated formal writing and presentation experience.
- Global mindset & customer focus
- Entrepreneurial inclination
About Us:GE Research is GE's innovation engine where new ideas are originated, developed and productized to create a better world and deliver differentiated products across the company's industrial portfolio. These products span the aviation, power, transportation and health care sectors.
Today, we're a forward leaning, interdisciplinary organization, matching world-class innovation with market insights and industry connections to move faster and deliver better outcomes for GE’s businesses and customers.
We continue a strong track record in innovation and invention that began with our company's founder, Thomas Edison. GE scientists and engineers have distinguished themselves over time, amassing tens of thousands of patents, two Nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and a list of inventions that have defined and redefined generation after generation.
This rich legacy of delivering transformative innovation is thriving now more than ever.
Discover how we’re seeing, moving and creating the future at https://www.ge.com/research/, meet our innovation giants at https://www.ge.com/research/people, search our open positions at http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with us on our social channels at https://twitter.com/GEResearch and https://www.linkedin.com/company/geresearch/.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.