Niskayuna, New York, United States
Role Summary:Are you looking to make a meaningful impact? To solve real problems, many different skills need to come together. That is why we come together as a team to solve the toughest and most impactful industrial problems.
- Research industrial Machine Learning methods and advance the state of the art
- Build and deploy solutions in Healthcare, Renewables, Aviation, and other industries
- Become part of a team of world-renowned researchers
- Get exposed to highly heterogenous applications in a wide range of industrial domains
- Work side by side with experts in machine learning, statistics, controls, optimization, chemistry, material science, combustion, fluid dynamics,….
- Build your own brand as a Machine Learning researcher: Propose new projects and publish your research at highly selective international venues.
- Learn how to manage projects, people, and funding
- M.S Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Informatics, or related fields with a focus on Machine Learning
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills and willingness to keep learning
- Deep technical understanding of Machine Learning beyond undergraduate coursework- level examples, including (but not limited to) library selection, model selection, hyper-parameter tuning, preprocessing, postprocessing, and visualization of results
- Ability to write code in Python
- U.S. citizenship is required due to Federal Contract Provisions
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY or San Ramon, CA
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must submit you application for employment on the careers pane at www.gecareers.com to be considered
About Us:Where research meets reality.
GE Research is GE's innovation engine where new ideas are originated, developed and productized to create a better world and deliver differentiated products across the company's industrial portfolio. These products span the aviation, power, transportation and health care sectors.
Today, we're a forward leaning, interdisciplinary organization, matching world-class innovation with market insights and industry connections to move faster and deliver better outcomes for GE’s businesses and customers.
We continue a strong track record in innovation and invention that began with our company's founder, Thomas Edison. GE scientists and engineers have distinguished themselves over time, amassing tens of thousands of patents, two Nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and a list of inventions that have defined and redefined generation after generation.
This rich legacy of delivering transformative innovation is thriving now more than ever.
Discover how we’re seeing, moving and creating the future at https://www.ge.com/research/, meet our innovation giants at https://www.ge.com/research/people, search our open positions at http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with us on our social channels at https://twitter.com/GEResearch and https://www.linkedin.com/company/geresearch/.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.