Role Summary:As a Lead Image Analytics Scientist, you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from medical and industrial images. You will conduct research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to prototype software and solutions.
- Lead research in areas of computer vision and image analytics & develop software algorithms and tools for analysis and interpretation of medical image and industrial data.
- Develop and implement prototypes and solutions and demonstrate applications to real world problems by quick prototyping and validation.
- Leverage your computer vision expertise to invent and implement algorithms for detection and characterization, recognition, structural and semantic understanding, and inference from images and image ensembles.
- Leverage imaging physics to enhance algorithmic performance.
- Employ software libraries, tools, practices to implement efficient, scalable, and reusable solutions.
- Create intellectual property by writing invention disclosures and filing patents.
- Communicate with customers (business stakeholders, government officials, external companies, radiologists/clinicians etc.) to understand their needs and co-develop novel solutions.
- Team with image hardware, control system researchers to jointly develop systematic solutions
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Computer Vision/Medical Image Analysis with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience
- Demonstrated ability to write Python and C++ code for quick demonstration of ideas as well as robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems.
- Hands-on ability to create Deep Neural Network models on machine learning platforms such as Tensor Flow/Keras
- Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of 2 weeks per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Deep hands-on experience building computer vision systems involving algorithm development in fields such as image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification.
- Post-doctoral or industrial experience inventing and developing computer vision or medical image analysis algorithm.
- Solid publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences in computer vision, image processing, medical imaging and relevant application fields.
- Contribution to public domain codebases and/or significant GitHub portfolio to demonstrate mastery and impact.
- Experience in writing grant proposals, executing and researching based on grants, including demonstrated successful communication with government agencies
About Us:At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more at http://www.ge.com/research or http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists at http://www.edisonsdesk.com and http://twitter.com/GEresearch
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.