Round Rock, Texas, Santa Clara, California, United States 06/12/2019
Save this jobJob savedApply nowApply now
Cloud Operations Systems Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as Cloud Operations System Engineer on our Networking team in Round Rock.
Our Cloud Operations team is at the heart of developing Cloud processes and procedures around SD-WAN based Networking products for administering, tracking, and reporting on Customer engagements. A bridge between VMware, Dell EMC operational functions, we use our peerless expertise to onboard customers and track sales and processes from planning to activation, documenting, reporting and more. Put simply, we make sure the process of getting our ground-breaking products and services to customers as simple and seamless as possible.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will manage the Dell EMC SD-WAN Edge devices & infrastructure and should be well-versed in systems and virtualization technologies especially as it relates to Cloud Service Providers, Private Clouds, and Data Centers. The System Engineer will also monitor ongoing health of the global service infrastructure and implement corrective actions to avert disruptions.
- Document POC test plan, high-level design and low-level design as it pertains to customer environment
- Manage variable SKUs for unique customer demands
- Act as a liaison between VMware and other Dell functions such as Sales Engineers & Accounting
- Generate and maintain reports on overall Cloud Operations such as activation data
- Design hybrid cloud environment for scale; integrate public cloud IaaS and physical data centers
- Operate global infrastructure & manage service availability
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure the various software components can be managed in a production grade environment, ensuring maximum visibility into network operations and flexibility in the event of component failures
- Work with the sales team to adequately plan capacity in the global CSC locations based on sales forecast- equipment selection, qualification, and deployment
- Engage cross-functional resources, regardless of geographic location, to achieve goals and meet customer needs
- Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team
- BS in CS, EE, or relevant degree from accredited university with heavy emphasis on Networking is preferred
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Systems Administrator level understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of L2 and L3 OSI Network Layers
- Scripting experience with Bash and/or Python
- Experience in a high-volume or critical 24x7x365 production service environment
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate problem statements
- Strong level of competency in providing total solutions and providing cross Domain/function teamwork.
- Background with running IaaS and/or SaaS services (AWS)
- Administrative level understanding of Public Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Background on virtualization technology: ESXi, KVM
BenefitsWe offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Engineering-DevelopmentJob ID: R87754 Apply nowApply now Round Rock, Texas, Santa Clara, California, United States