Apply now »
Blade Specialist, Project Engineering
DK, Aarhus N | Management | Full-Time | ID: 3443
Are you both motivated and experienced in WTG Blades design, process and repair?
Would you like to join a team bridging the various WTG systems/components covering different engineering arears? If yes, come join us and play a key role in the new Service Engineering function delivering the next generation of service solutions to the Wind Turbines aftersales market.
Service Solutions > Service Engineering > Project Engineering
The department Service Engineering is a part of the business unit Vestas Service and is acting as the technology hub in Service with a strong connection to the business unit Vestas Power Solutions (technology organisation).
The department is responsible for delivering service solutions enabling the service business within Vestas to fulfill its ambitious, strategic targets. The service solutions vary from parts & repair over maintenance concepts to product improvements like component life extensions, optimisations of performance and cost-out initiatives. The department holds the design responsibility for service/aftersales solutions on the products no longer being manufactured.
We are responsible for delivering innovative solutions to ensure highest possible value to Vestas customers in the service business. We actively work on creation of repair solutions with internal repair as well as external repair companies. We help combining operational WTG knowledge with new designs and for service solutions.
The team works from different geographical locations and is expanding to meet the demand of a growing and challenging business.
- Technical evaluation of new improvement cases/after sales options
- Key role in setting the business standards for repair solution using state of the art technologies
- Technical ownership of active improvement cases related to Blades
- Technical Lead on development of solutions and after sales options/methods/processes etc.
- Defining the specification of quality inspection on blades on our existing installed fleet
- Cooperation with 3rd party companies/sub suppliers developing technical solutions
- Provide input to future products/solutions
- Technical review on future products/solutions
- Set technical direction for blades aftersales/repair market
It is key that you can balance technical processes and teams along with using your technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success, securing the right level of quality of solution. This is highly complex and requires efficiency in both technical as well as personal competencies.
- An Engineering degree ex. Mechanical engineer or similar related to the job
- +5 years of experience within the wind power business with blades as your main area or related industry working with composite materials
- We prefer that you have both theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience
- Experience working as technical lead on projects
- Furthermore, you are proficient in English both written and verbal, as you will be working both with internal and external colleagues and partners in a global multi-cultural environment
- You have great communication skills and can handle many stakeholders at a time
- You have leadership skills and would like to use it in your everyday work
- You are proactive and analytical
- You are customer-oriented and can understand the business value chain seen from a service and customer perspective
What we offerWe offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring project-oriented environment. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment and the will to execute. You will use your skills to help Vestas solve one of the most important global challenges of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
As the gateway to Technology R&D, you will find yourself in an exciting and sometimes unpredictable job with excellent colleagues. You will experience a ‘people first’ attitude with a lot of independency within Service Engineering roles and responsibilities.
Additional informationWork location: Aarhus N, Denmark or Isle of Wight, UK, but for the right candidate it is negotiable.
We have a global workplace and therefore some travelling activities can be expected.
For additional information about the position, please contact Manager of Service Engineering, Project Engineering, Thomas Nedergaard on tel. no. +45 20669414.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Apply now »