Apply now »
Mechanical Engineer - Tower Internals
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time
Are you a mechanical engineer with a practical understanding of the value chain? Our team in Tower Engineering are looking for a broad engineer to work in this area, bringing solutions for the current and future products here at Vestas!
Tower > Tower Engineering > Tower Internals & TCM
Tower Engineering in Vestas Power Solutions is maintaining and developing the complete Vestas tower program. The tasks range from structural engineering over highly specialized FEM calculations, requirements specifications, DFMEA, test planning and execution to risk assessments and compilation of certification documentation.
Tower Internals & TCM is a sub-department of Tower Engineering. This department is responsible for the Design of Tower structure, foundation interface and Internals and certification non-standard towers- Including new development of alternative tower & Internals concepts as well as offshore towers.
Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimized and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products. Additionally, process efficiency and lead time reduction is of key importance in order to fulfil Vestas's overall ambitions of delivering products, which are configured to customer needs in a timely manner.
The team is located at in Denmark. The team consists of 15+ highly skilled design engineers with background in structural & mechanical engineering.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Mechanical Engineer - Tower Internals you will report to the manager of Tower Internals & TCM and your primary responsibility will be to deliver the technical solutions for various internals designs, integration in the modular architecture, and completion/review of production drawings and associated BoM's
In greater detail your area of responsibilities will be:
- Development of detailed designs and integration into the modular architecture and product configuration. Fulfilling the role as lead for one or more internals components/modules/new product.
- Design of secondary structures for towers
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE standards.
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain. Having a knowledge network of Suppliers, Customers, Product Management, SBUs and PBUs
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization and process efficiency improvements.
- Leverage on parameterized design for automatic generation of 3D models and 2D drawings where possible. Implementation of configurable CAD models
- Ensure the technical solutions provided don't conflict other IPR's and not to miss out on a new IPR opportunity
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience from a heavy industry with a related background in areas like manufacturing or production
- Knowledge of full design life cycle, from requirements scoping to end of life of a product
- Experience of structural engineering, FEA, practical design, DFM & DFA
- Experience from larger R&D organization.
- Cost awareness and full value chain understating
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally. A good team-player with an open attitude able to convey complex challenges to a wide range of stakeholders
- Cost awareness of products and design, understanding the impact of decisions
- Self-motivated and pro-active individual with a strong drive
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in executing large projects with multiple stakeholders.
What We OfferWe offer the ability to learn and implement ground-breaking new solutions in a fast-paced and blooming wind turbine industry. The right candidate will have the opportunity to greatly impact Vestas' current and future products. You will be part of diverse team that challenges the status quo and works with the turbine on holistic level. Additionally, you will be part of an international organisation with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
Additional InformationPrimary work location: Aarhus, Denmark
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Recruiter Martin Whittle +44(0)1925 857120
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Apply now »